“Nice comfortable stay.”

Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Layton
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Beds are comfortable, rooms are modern. The flat screen TV had H.D channels to compliment it. The breakfast is excellent with fresh make your own waffles, sausage and scrambled eggs. It is one of the better continental breakfasts you will find at a hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
William A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Layton, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn Layton. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. I'm happy that we were met your expectations and hopefully exceeded that because it is something that we are certainly working on with our whole new remodel and our staff. We look forward to one day seeing you again and if we do please feel to contact me directly and I would be more than happy to help any way I can.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed here June 30, 2014. Renovations not yet complete.
While checking into my room, there was a strong bleach odor. I thought the room was just sanitized. Trying to sleep, the bedding also had the strong bleach odor. If you smell bleach in the room, ask for another room.
I will say the Staff was VERY friendly and kind however, VERY nice. My stay was only one night, I would stay again but if I smell bleach again I will request another room.

Room Tip: If you smell bleach in your room, request another.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us especially during the ending of our renovation. It's something we have been excited for and we are happy that you got to experience our new fresh look. However I am sorry that your sheets and bedding in the room smelled super strong with a bleach smell. It is our goal to make sure that you leave completely satisfied and that didn't happen. We have since made strides in having our laundry technicians adjust the level of bleach that goes into the machines for laundry. It is something we are monitoring closely so I certainly thank you voicing that. I am happy to hear that our staff service was good and that at least is an added plus. I want to make sure that we compensate for our failure on our side and you mentioned you would return, when you do decide to do so please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to help you and make sure that we meet all the expectations. Until then you have a wonderful day and thank you for commenting on your stay with us.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

The tub did not drain, room was dusty and dirty. The pool was un-clean with no towels. The staff ignored us, and told us to take the stairs! Our room was next to the freeway and very loud.
We stayed 2 nights and left to a hotel next door... I will never stay here again. We travel to Layton twice a year.
Not a nice place, too many questionable people in the lobby!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mommasq
William A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Layton, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us for the 2 days that you were here. I am so sorry the experience was such a terrible one because we take pride in ensuring that our guests leave completely satisfied or at least fix the problem as that is our Fairfield Inn promise. You mentioned in your comments that the room was dusty and dirty. Can you please contact me directly about that room because all of our hotel rooms are completely renovated and brand new in all aspects. So to hear that they were dusty concerns me immensely. I find it tough to swallow that my staff ignored you and I apologize for that. Please contact me directly because I want to see what we can do to compensate for not meeting expectations. We hope we do get another chance to earn your trust again in the near future. Until then you have a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing from you.

William A

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Last month I was stayed at the Fairfield in Layton. It was a good experience. The check in was on time and customer service from Azbeen was great. Thank you. Every time me and my wife walked in or out of the hotel, we were greeted with his nice big smile. The room we were given was excellent. Nice big bed with good A/C, strong Wifi, and very clean. Although there was construction in the hotel going on at that time, It didn't bother me too much as the noise level and everything was out of my way. Morning breakfast was great with the breakfast lady flooding food for everyone to have enough. Even we went for late breakfast but there was everything we wanted. I would recommend anyone to stay here if you are traveling via Layton.

Room Tip: I recommend 3rd floor. I don't know bout the other 2 but on 3rd floor I have no trouble. I enjoy...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
William A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Layton, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for staying with us here at our Fairfield Inn Layton. We are very pleased that we were able enjoy your short time here with us. It is our goal to make sure that all of our guests feel completely satisfied and feel like we are a home away from home. Azbin and many others contribute to making sure that we exceed your expectations and we are certainly happy that we could make that happen. We are almost completely done with our renovations and look forward to what lies ahead. We hope to once again serve you and your family when you're in the area again. Until then you have a wonderful day and once again, Thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Although I'm sure the hotel staff is trying to improve, hence the building renovations, but there are things outside of the physical property that should be improved as well. There frequently is not anyone at the front desk. I personally waited around 5 minutes before someone showed up to check me in. I said, "Hello?" into the room behind the front desk and someone (no idea who) answered back, "He'll be back soon, he had to use the bathroom." So I can't help but wonder who is in the room behind the front desk and what are they doing there?
I was given a room that apparently was recently renovated however the carpet was shredded and frayed where the carpet meets the tile. The paint job appeared rushed as well and although I could see where the refrigerator was supposed to be, there was in fact no refrigerator. The room did appear clean.
The hotel itself in the midst of a major renovation and it shows, from the paint cans and mattresses that reside in the hallways to the unlabeled fitness center room.
On the plus the breakfast was adequate and the wi-fi is fast and reliable.
I would not recommend staying there until the renovations are complete.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
William A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Layton, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of our staff here at the Fairfield Inn Layton I want to thank you for recently staying with us and also writing a review here on Tripadvisor. I'm disappointed to know that no one was at he front desk to greet you upon arrival let alone being greeted by someone not working there. I'm currently looking into why that had happened. We have finally received our new fridges and microwaves which have now been put in those open spaces you had mentioned. It does add a nice touch to everything in the rooms though too. We are doing some walk through touches in the rooms for the paint and frayed edges mentioned with he carpets. So you can tell we are stoked and excited for the full renovation completion. It is our goal to make sure that we keep our promise which is to make sure that all of our guests leave completely satisfied, we fell short here with that and I want to make sure that we compensate or make right where we went wrong. If you can please email me directly with what we can do to stay on top of our promise of ensuring your satisfaction whether it is a discount for a future stay or for the previous stay. I look forward to hearing from you soon and until then you have a wonderful day.

Fairfield Inn Layton

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Yes, they are renovating . . . it smells of paint, the air is dusty, and workers start at 8 am. Within 10 minutes of walking through the door into the lobby the fire alarm went off-twice. I'd stay somewhere else until sometime in mid-June.

Room Tip: Our room (3rd floor/odd numbered rooms) is overlooking the roof of a strip mall and listening to the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review here on Trip-advisor. We also want to thank you for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn Layton. You are right pertaining to the renovation and causing the paint smell throughout the hotel. The construction workers aren't allowed to start working before 9am because we don't want to cause anymore inconvenience to any of our guests especially since staying in the midst of the renovation. Either way I do apologize for you having to experience this thus far. We are excited to get our renovation fully completed which is projected for the 1st week of June and we would sure love to opportunity to make right where we went wrong. Our goal is to make sure that our guests are completely satisfied and to know that that wasn't the case with your stay is disappointing. It is my utmost priority to compensate for our failure and I can certainly do that and apply it for a future stay so please let me know what we can do to compensate for this. We hope to see you again once our renovations are completed and you can experience our fresh new look. Until then you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is nice and convenient as you would expect from the Marriott brand. Has a nice indoor pool and hot tub. Also has a decent free breakfast. All of the rooms are going through a complete renovation now. We stayed in a newly renovated room and it was very nice.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I'm sorry for the late response but I wanted to really thank you for staying with us here at the Fairfield Inn Layton. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review pertaining to your stay and I'm elated to know that we were able to take care of you and have you experience our brand new renovated rooms. We are almost completely done with the hotel and hope that we can one day have you here again with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you are in the area and I will more than happy to accommodate you and serve your family once again. Until then you have a wonderful day.

William A