“Wifi terrible, if you have a mac”

Fairfield Inn Salt Lake City Layton
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Dated property, poorly maintained. Plus is a friendly staff. Not very many power outlets for the business traveler. If you get a special rate, it maybe a good value for the price conscious traveler. Continental breakfast included.

Room Tip: Avoid if you need wifi for a mac
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Philip M

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Clean the carpet, unclog the shower drain and tell guests there will be a hold on your card till 3 days after check-out. Oh, btw the WiFi is terrible., had to connect to the La Quinta's signal from next door.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Yes, it is a bit of a drive from Salt Lake City. But if you want a quality, quiet place to stay - then this is your place. I appreciated the friendly and helpful staff - the managers and desk personnel were fantastic! and the room was amazing! (its the first hotel we have stayed at where my wife didn't immediately rip the covers off the bed and replace them with the ones she packed) I think that I had the best nights sleep I have ever had on that bed.

The location is not much to write about - jammed in with all kinds of typical american crap stores and malls but its conveniently right off the freeway.

Room Tip: I have no complaints for the 3rd floor, south side, executive suite
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We travel several times a year to visit family in the Salt Lake City area, and use the small suburb of Layton (north of SLC) as our base while we're there. In the past, we have stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott, and the Towneplace Suites, both of which are just off the I-15 freeway. At Thanksgiving, we decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn, another Marriott property on the same block as the other two, and that's where we'll stay next time.

All three properties attract families, which means there are a lot of kids around. Historically, we have found the Towneplace Suites to be the least expensive on weekends, and it attracts groups who like the convenience of a kitchen and people who plan to use the grills outside. The Courtyard could use a bit of spiffing up, and it is noisy. What we liked about the Fairfield Inn is that it seems to be the cleanest of the three, but more importantly, it offered an indoor pool and spa, and served a decent continental breakfast.

Keep in mind that all three are literally across the parking lot from one another. Although the Fairfield is closest to the freeway, we never heard a sound. There are more than a dozen good family restaurants within walking distance, including Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, Red Robin, Famous Dave's Barbecue, and an excellent Indian restaurant. The three hotels are also near the Layton Mall with a theater complex, Macy's, and the usual gamut of stores.

If you're traveling and want to avoid the congestion of Temple Square or Provo, Layton has three good Marriott hotels to choose from.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third (top) floor away from the freeway. Otherwise, you will be listening to t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn last night as we were passing through. The location was perfect for us - right off the highway. The hotel is actually in a cluster of Marriott hotels, and right next to a few restaurants.. cracker barrel, outback steak house, and there is a walgreens up the road. The clerk at the front desk was very friendly throughout the night and was happy to accommodate us when we needed cutlery and change for the laundry machines. I will say that the hotel and pool area were outdated, but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. My fiance enjoyed the jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches in the morning, I believe they also had a waffle maker as well as cereals, yogurts and breads. This hotel will not blow your mind, but you will get a good nights rest.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for the Layton marathon. I was very happy with my experience here as the hotel is conveniently located near the freeway and many restaurants.

The room was clean and comfortable. The shower tub seemed a bit slippery -- sort of surprised they don't have non-slip stickers on them. However, the bed was very comfortable and my sleep quality was very good (other than an occasional slamming door in the middle of the night). The hotel seems to be a bit on the older side, but is well maintained. Service and check-in were prompt and attentive as well.

They do have a breakfast in the morning, which was on par with typical continental breakfasts. They also had a free shuttle service to the marathon which was invaluable to me.

I would definitely stay here again. For $85, I got a lot of nice perks as well as a comfortable room. If I do the race next year, I wouldn't hesitate in staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mchenryed
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Layton the nights of Aug 24th and 25th. The rate that we booked the double queen room was $69 a night. The whole of the hotel was clean and comfortable. The room was just fine for the quick weekend we were there. The property offered free wifi and that was nice not to hard to connect my iPhone to. We didn't have the breakfast there but the area that was set up for the breakfast seem nice with plenty of places to sit. Over all there was nothing was super nice but it was clean and about what can be expected for the price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family