“Good, clean hotel”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Beavercreek, Ohio, Usa
“Good, clean hotel”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very good rooms. The breakfast was pretty good, though the selection was fairly typical of what you're choices were. The manager's reception each night was nice. Rooms a bit outdated, but completely clean and functional. The only issue is that whenever I went to turn on/off a tv, the other tv (in either the sitting area or bedroom area) would respond. Minor annoyance as I had to physically turn the tv on/off each use.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience at our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and service and it is very rewarding when we get comments like this. I'm happy to say we will be updating all of our rooms this year. Again, thank you and we look forward to impressing every guest who tries us out!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed at this Hampton in while in Layton. At first glance this seems like any other hotel. Our room was average and our room seemed a little small for 4 people and we had no refrigerator. Nothing really seemed special but some of the extra things they offer is what impressed me. Monday through Thursday they offer a dinner in the evenings. Every night at 7pm they offer a variety of warm cookies and milk. Another thing I saw and asked about because I was not sure what it was is one day they had these to go bags with a water bottle, muffin, and a piece of fruit. When I asked I was told that was for people who checked out early and could not enjoy the breakfast in the morning. However I only saw them do it one day and we were there 5 days and I checked out at 3:40am on our last day and there was no to go bags.
The breakfast in the morning was similar to other hotels we have stayed at. I thought it was nice and they did a really good job keeping it stocked during the breakfast hours.
I also used the gym and laundry facilities, which was adequate. I had no complaints. The hotel staff was very nice and did a very good job to accommodate you
In conclusion I like the hotel but seemed a little high compared to other comparable hotels. I paid $119 a night. Next time I am in Layton I will check the other hotels in the area before I settle on this one.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the rate, please call us when you plan to come back to the area and we can see what we can do to get you a better rate. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that you didn't receive a breakfast bag each morning. We generally put them out Monday-Friday around 5AM. If there is ever a time they are not available please let the staff know and we would be more than happy to put one together for you.
Idaho Falls, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Rooms were clean and motel was quiet and close to mall and restaurants and easy on and off to freeway. Good Breakfast variety and items were warm. Staff was friendly. We checked in late so not many on floor at the time we came in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience at our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and service and it is very rewarding when we get comments like this. Again, thank you and we look forward to impressing every guest who tries us out!
Corona, California
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We've stayed in Layton before but a different place. This time, we're traveling with our German Shepherd. Many hotels allow for small dogs, but not large, well-mannered large dogs. hence, our choice of Hampton Inn. The facility is comfortable enough. Nothing extravagant, but perfect for one night's sleep. Sadly, we found the receptionist (both at check in and check out) not very friendly. Perhaps it's a new season and they're being trained or newly on their own and insecure. No matter though. We had a good stay. Didn't take advantage of what looked like a great breakfast. Will do that next time.

Room Tip: A/C ran noisily all night. Didn't realize we could open the window all the way until the morning...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the service of the front desk clerk, and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our front desk staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.
Valparaiso Fl
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I traveled to Layton for business at Hill AFB. I stayed 10 days. I concur with all the positive comments written about the staff, breakfasts and managers specials! Great job and the staff's attitude especially made staying here a pleasure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ImpressGuestGM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. We take a lot of pride in our guests stay from arrival to departure. We look forward to your next stay!
Lakewood, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The reason for our stay was business, I reserved 4 rooms for our employees and they were rather pleased with the staff and accommodations. We intend to put our employees up at the same hotel in the very near future.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff! Our mission is to "impress guest” and I’m very happy we succeeded! Our staff works very hard to impress every guest and it is very rewarding to them when a guest acknowledges their efforts. We can't wait to have all of you here, please let us know if there is anything else we could ever do for you.
Again thank you for your response!
Poquoson, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Other than no refrigerator/microwave in the room, everything was great. The other small complaint was the smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways (I was on the third floor). Obviously, smoking was once allowed. My room did NOT have that smell. The staff was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for visiting our website and for sharing your comments with us; it is always nice when our guests take time out of their busy schedules to offer their feedback. I would like to inform you we will be getting refrigerators in all guest room this year, and also removing all smoking rooms from our third floor.
I was so glad to read that you received an exceptional service during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton.
We value you as our loyal guest and look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the near future.