“Excellent location, breakfast staff accommodating and food fresh and hot! will be back”

Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Good location just north of airport by about 1/2 hour, breakfast was hot and food fresh, staff were attentive and location was secure, I was traveling solo and that matters to me. Price was reasonable, there are cheaper, but Hampton quality is consistent by locations so best bet for the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank factorfiction
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our location, breakfast, and our staff's Hamptonality throughout your stay. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I cannot say enough about this Hampton Inn property. I stayed there a week on business. Hospitality was superior and this property had free hot food along with drinks (alc & non) from 5-7 every Mon - Thurs. Location was perfect also. As it snowed all week, it is directly beside a large shopping plaza w/Target, Barnes and Nobles etc....Just a great stay and I highly recommend. Also, breakfast was outstanding!!! Overall, great value and nice property

Room Tip: Go for 3rd floor...Very quite and best mountain views:)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I'm glad our Hamptonality shined throughout your stay and you were able to take advantage of our evening receptions. Our location is great with lots of shopping and restaurants close by. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Can I tell you, this was GREAT!!! As we walked in from the Utah Cold the warm friendly hospitality of Troy won me over It didn'T stop there, What a GREAT GROUP of team players. Customer care has a new example of how to do it right. Everyone was kind, sincere, caring and FUN!!! I'm just going to go back for no reason other than they were so darn nice. Even the morning breakfast amazing, and the man running was making sure everything was PERFECT!!! We had the biggest smiles on our face everytime we walked in, and everyone returned the smile. I HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH A GREAT EXPERIENCE FROM EVERY STAFF MEMBER. WAY TO GO!!! YOU ARE #1 IN MY BOOK THANKS!!!!!!! lOVE YOU ALL!! Better service than on a cruise.

Room Tip: Not sure our room was great this was our first time at this Hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am so glad you got to experience Troy's, Mike's (breakfast man running around), and the rest of the teams Hamptonality! I will be sure to share your glowing review with the entire team as we pride ourselves on our service and having FUN with our guests! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon, We Love Having You Here!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with a large group on a ski trip. Fantastic accommodation. Clean and tidy.
Some of the decor could have done with being updated in the rooms but other than that it was a good place to stay.

Some very good rates on offer here with a number of shops and restaurants in very easy walking distance.

The breakfast area is a little on the small side for the size of group that we were - 45 people so we ended up having to stagger our breakfast times so we could all get in.

For the price vs facilities I don't think there's anything better in the area.

Room Tip: If you can - get a suite - they're worth the extra.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers. I am glad you were satisfied with our location, cleanliness, and rates. You would be happy to know we just completed an expansion of almost 900 sq ft to our breakfast area. This should correct the challenges your group experienced during breakfast. Hopefully your group got to enjoy some of the best snow on earth during your trip! We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This Hotel can be summed up in one Word: Awesome! Staff is friendly and professional, hospitality is second to none. If you are looking for a home away from home this is it. Rooms are very nice, but the stafff is what makes the difference. That includes Housekeeping, front desk, management and food service attendants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am so glad you experienced our Hamptonality throughout you stay! We take great pride in making our hotel your home away from home. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon, we love having you here!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here for business for over 2 weeks in November. They were under construction at the time, but did a very good job of maintaining the effects of it without affecting our comfort. We had a good sized room that was immaculate upon our arrival. Very comfortable bed, good pillows. There was a nice view of the mountains outside the window. The business center equipment was up to date and very efficient. Housekeeping was excellent, and very considerate of our pets. Lisa, who is in charge of housekeeping, will fast become your best friend if you run into her. Maintenance was very helpful. One morning there was ice on the car and as we approached our vehicle the maintenance man was de-icing our windows. The front desk staff was awesome. A nod to Troy, and Brittany, the weekend front desk manager, but really everyone there was soooo friendly. The self serve breakfast had a pretty good assortment, and Jodi who oversaw the breakfast service bent over backwards to please. She actually did become my new best friend!! The staff here was exceptionally friendly!!! The only exception was the manager. In our 2+ weeks here, we only saw him twice (in the common area of the lobby), and he barely uttered a hello. The rest of the staff more than made up for that though. Two of them actually invited us to their homes for Thanksgiving. Wow! I hope I have the need to stay in Layton in the future, as I will point my car right in their direction.

Room Tip: High floor on the back side of the building had a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. You would be happy to know our construction is now complete! I am glad we were able to make your stay comfortable amongst all the madness that was going on. I am happy to hear you experienced some of our Hamptonality throughout your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with Lisa, Troy (maint), Troy (front desk), Brittany, and Jodi. They will be thrilled to know they left a good impression with you. I apologize our paths didn't often cross throughout your visit, hopefully we will have the time to chat on your next visit. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon, we love having you here!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hampton Inn is my choice in Layton and surrounding areas; they are the best. They recently renovated their common areas for the better. The dining area was greatly expanded, the fast computer systems in business center are more conveniently located, and the exercise room has been upgraded. As always, the staff was extremely friendly and attentive, and the room was very clean and comfortable. I often travel to this location for business, and I highly recommend this hotel for any travel purpose.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with us and other travelers. We are just as excited as you are for our recent renovations. I will be sure to pass on your kudos to the team about their friendliness and attentiveness. We appreciate your recommendations and look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Layton
Best Western Plus Layton Park Hotel
Home2 Suites By Hilton Salt Lake City/Layton, UT
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Layton
Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
Hampton Inn and Suites Salt Lake City/Farmington
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 11 in Layton

Been to Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton? Share your experiences!