“Best Place I have ever Stayed”

Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This Hotel can be summed up in one Word: Awesome! Staff is friendly and professional, hospitality is second to none. If you are looking for a home away from home this is it. Rooms are very nice, but the stafff is what makes the difference. That includes Housekeeping, front desk, management and food service attendants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am so glad you experienced our Hamptonality throughout you stay! We take great pride in making our hotel your home away from home. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon, we love having you here!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here for business for over 2 weeks in November. They were under construction at the time, but did a very good job of maintaining the effects of it without affecting our comfort. We had a good sized room that was immaculate upon our arrival. Very comfortable bed, good pillows. There was a nice view of the mountains outside the window. The business center equipment was up to date and very efficient. Housekeeping was excellent, and very considerate of our pets. Lisa, who is in charge of housekeeping, will fast become your best friend if you run into her. Maintenance was very helpful. One morning there was ice on the car and as we approached our vehicle the maintenance man was de-icing our windows. The front desk staff was awesome. A nod to Troy, and Brittany, the weekend front desk manager, but really everyone there was soooo friendly. The self serve breakfast had a pretty good assortment, and Jodi who oversaw the breakfast service bent over backwards to please. She actually did become my new best friend!! The staff here was exceptionally friendly!!! The only exception was the manager. In our 2+ weeks here, we only saw him twice (in the common area of the lobby), and he barely uttered a hello. The rest of the staff more than made up for that though. Two of them actually invited us to their homes for Thanksgiving. Wow! I hope I have the need to stay in Layton in the future, as I will point my car right in their direction.

Room Tip: High floor on the back side of the building had a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. You would be happy to know our construction is now complete! I am glad we were able to make your stay comfortable amongst all the madness that was going on. I am happy to hear you experienced some of our Hamptonality throughout your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with Lisa, Troy (maint), Troy (front desk), Brittany, and Jodi. They will be thrilled to know they left a good impression with you. I apologize our paths didn't often cross throughout your visit, hopefully we will have the time to chat on your next visit. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon, we love having you here!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hampton Inn is my choice in Layton and surrounding areas; they are the best. They recently renovated their common areas for the better. The dining area was greatly expanded, the fast computer systems in business center are more conveniently located, and the exercise room has been upgraded. As always, the staff was extremely friendly and attentive, and the room was very clean and comfortable. I often travel to this location for business, and I highly recommend this hotel for any travel purpose.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with us and other travelers. We are just as excited as you are for our recent renovations. I will be sure to pass on your kudos to the team about their friendliness and attentiveness. We appreciate your recommendations and look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

First time staying at this hotel. Check in was quick, staff very friendly. Room was a good size, very clean. Bed very comfortable and a choice of pillows. They had free food and beer that night in the reception area, which is a nice touch. Undergoing construction in the lobby right now, but not too much mess. Breakfast was good with plenty of choices. Pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I'm glad you enjoyed our friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, hot breakfast, and evening receptions. We are excited and anxiously awaiting the completion of our lobby and fitness center within the next couple of weeks. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was a 4 day Business stay.

The entire lobby area is under construction, so there will be delays, and this has nothing to do with my rating. My reservation was wrong, but the girl at the front desk took care of it OK. Halls are dusty from the construction. They have smoking rooms. My room smelled fresh on arrival, and there were no smoke issues.

The room was clean but slightly on the “dingy” side due to the lighting. Good large Flat Screen TV with clear picture. & 60 channels.

Work area was a very small table with low chairs, and was very uncomfortable for working. Only one available outlet under the table. Heat was good, and very quiet. I had to run to the bathroom a few times to answer my phone, since I had to plug the chargers in there. No Microwave or Fridge in the room.

The bed was firm and supportive, and the room was quiet at night.

Breakfast was the usual Hampton Breakfast with hot & cold items. (Always good) There was also Free food and drinks in the Lobby during the early evening hours which was quite nice.

The stay was OK, but since I spend most of my time on the computer & phones, it just wasn’t very comfortable, and convenient power outlets were scarce.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us and other travelers with your feedback. I am sorry to hear we were just ok, we are in the process of some updates and renovations that we hope will make us one of the best. Our lobby and fitness center will be completed by the first of the year. It is certainly a challenge keeping the dust down with everything we have going on. We will also be adding electrical outlet cubes that will be placed on the desks as well as the night stands within the next couple of months that should solve your outlet challenges. We also have microwaves and fridges available upon request for those rooms that don't have them. I am glad we were able to get your reservation straightened out. And that you enjoyed our breakfast, evening reception, and television selection. We hope to have you back as our guest again soon, so you can see we are one of the best!

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay while in SLC on business. Room was spacious and comfortable. The complimentary food and beer each night was a welcome event at the end of the day. Friendly staff was a nice touch also.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Colby_Challenger
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, complimentary evening receptions, and our teams Hamptonality. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. The staff was phenomenal (Nikki, Joy, Brittany and Troy to name a few). Everyone was very professional and receptive, and the hospitality was great! Thanks for a great stay!

The only negative thing about my stay was that I could easily hear the person in the room above. Somewhat obnoxious, but otherwise excellent accomodations.

Room Tip: Stay on third floor to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich B
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you experienced some of our Hamptonality throughout your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team, Nikki, Joy, Brittany, and Troy will be excited. I am sorry to hear the person above you caused you to have a less than enjoyable experience. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!