“Great after 9 hours of driving”

Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great after 9 hours of driving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was just what we needed after a 9 hour drive. Room was clean and comfortable and there are tons of restaurants surrounding the hotel. Had a quiet room at the end of the hall and felt totally rested the next morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you experienced our friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings. I hope you had a safe remainder of your trip after a good night of rest. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I would say this is a slightly dated, average Hampton Inn. I don't mean that in a bad way, I was just surprised by the glowing reviews here. It seems like an older property that is now surrounded by newer options. The staff was friendly. The pool seems oddly located right in the entrance area. The "fitness area" is one of the smallest I have seen. The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn but the area was very cramped with big tables which seems odd for a hotel that seems to be filled with single business travelers. Great location near shopping and restaurants. I would not hesitate to stay here again but I would honestly check out the other 2 newer Hilton properties down the street first.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with us and other travelers. I am glad you experienced some of our teams Hamptonality. We will be updating our property over the next several months and hope to break ground next month. We have planned a 900 square foot addition and renovation to our lobby/breakfast area. This should fix the cramped feeling you experienced. We also plan to renovate our fitness center during this time, and are currently discussing expanding it. I hope you will come stay with us again to see all of the exciting new changes!
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here because of the Lagoon package they offered. (2 tickets to the park, parking pass, and two meal vouchers. About $130 value ) We were very happy with everything. Great room. Clean, comfortable, great staff, and good breakfast. Plenty of resturants and shopping around as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our Lagoon Package and our area surroundings. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in our clean, comfortable rooms and our friendly staff. We hope you will come and see us again next summer for another trip to Lagoon!
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Layton to visit our grandson whose wife just had our first grandchild. This motel is exceptional. Everyone working there is very helpful and professional. Very clean and quite and very safe. Breakfast was great and the managers reception in the afternoon was really nice. Special thanks to the man at the desk in the mornings and the older fellow who sometimes helped with the breakfast. If we return to Layton in the future we will definitely stay here again. Thanks to all of your staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for telling us and other travelers about your experience. On behalf of our entire staff, Congratulations on your first grandchild! I am glad you enjoyed our friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. We hope to have you as our guest again soon for those future grandchild visits!
Corry, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Spent several nights at this hotel while on a business trip. It was clean with a pleasant staff. Very nice evening social hour and breakfast was typical Hampton. Convenient location if you have business to do at Hill Air Force Base as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. And that you were able to take advantage or our location to Hill Air Force Base, our complimentary breakfast, and evening reception. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

This Hotel is my #1 for all time customer service. The front desk staff are always greeting me with a smile and know my name. They are extremely customer focused and go out of their way to assist every guest with every need. Their "manager's reception" which happens Monday – Thursday is sufficient to meet just about everyone’s need for food. And their breakfasts beat just about every “free breakfast” I have had in multiple hotels. I observed several occasions where people came in with no reservation and even though this Hampton Inn was full, they found reservations at other hotels. If I am going anywhere in the Salt Lake City area, I will always try to stay here.

Room Tip: Just about every room is good, but those on the upper floor tend to be quieter.
1 Thank clayflyr
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for telling us and other travelers about your experience. We take great pride in impressing our guests and appreciate your feedback! I am happy to hear our Hamptonality shines throughout your stays. I am glad you have been able to take advantage of our evening receptions and complimentary hot breakfast. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We just finished our stay at the Hampton Inn in Layton and were blown away at the hospitality from Shannon Walley, Josh Pepper and staff. All hotels in the local area were listed as sold out but they managed to find us rooms at this hotel and also helped us find rooms at neighboring hotels for our overflow. There is no way our stay would have worked out this smoothly without the help of the management here.

Additionally, the entire Hampton Inn staff was incredible (from house keeping to front desk clerks). They saw to it that our stay was comfortable and went out of their way to help us with requests that were out of their job description, in particular Jodie from house keeping and Kristen from the front desk staff.

1 Thank a f
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. We appreciate you bringing your group here and I am glad everything worked out smoothly. I am happy to hear you were able to experience some of our Hamptonality throughout your stay! I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of the team. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!