“Great Place”

Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Layton to visit our grandson whose wife just had our first grandchild. This motel is exceptional. Everyone working there is very helpful and professional. Very clean and quite and very safe. Breakfast was great and the managers reception in the afternoon was really nice. Special thanks to the man at the desk in the mornings and the older fellow who sometimes helped with the breakfast. If we return to Layton in the future we will definitely stay here again. Thanks to all of your staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for telling us and other travelers about your experience. On behalf of our entire staff, Congratulations on your first grandchild! I am glad you enjoyed our friendly service, clean rooms, and comfortable surroundings. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. We hope to have you as our guest again soon for those future grandchild visits!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Spent several nights at this hotel while on a business trip. It was clean with a pleasant staff. Very nice evening social hour and breakfast was typical Hampton. Convenient location if you have business to do at Hill Air Force Base as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. And that you were able to take advantage or our location to Hill Air Force Base, our complimentary breakfast, and evening reception. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This Hotel is my #1 for all time customer service. The front desk staff are always greeting me with a smile and know my name. They are extremely customer focused and go out of their way to assist every guest with every need. Their "manager's reception" which happens Monday – Thursday is sufficient to meet just about everyone’s need for food. And their breakfasts beat just about every “free breakfast” I have had in multiple hotels. I observed several occasions where people came in with no reservation and even though this Hampton Inn was full, they found reservations at other hotels. If I am going anywhere in the Salt Lake City area, I will always try to stay here.

Room Tip: Just about every room is good, but those on the upper floor tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank clayflyr
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for telling us and other travelers about your experience. We take great pride in impressing our guests and appreciate your feedback! I am happy to hear our Hamptonality shines throughout your stays. I am glad you have been able to take advantage of our evening receptions and complimentary hot breakfast. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We just finished our stay at the Hampton Inn in Layton and were blown away at the hospitality from Shannon Walley, Josh Pepper and staff. All hotels in the local area were listed as sold out but they managed to find us rooms at this hotel and also helped us find rooms at neighboring hotels for our overflow. There is no way our stay would have worked out this smoothly without the help of the management here.

Additionally, the entire Hampton Inn staff was incredible (from house keeping to front desk clerks). They saw to it that our stay was comfortable and went out of their way to help us with requests that were out of their job description, in particular Jodie from house keeping and Kristen from the front desk staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank a f
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. We appreciate you bringing your group here and I am glad everything worked out smoothly. I am happy to hear you were able to experience some of our Hamptonality throughout your stay! I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of the team. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were in town for a week for a tournament and had such a great experience at this hotel. It was in a great location with plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Everyone there was so friendly, helpful, and went out of their way to accomodate us. The complimentary breakfast and dinner also added value to our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad you experienced some of our Hamptonality throughout your stay! We Loved Having Your Team here for the softball tournament. I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of some of the local shopping and restaurants as well as our breakfast and evening reception. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stopped here on our way back from a week in Yellowstone/GTNP. It is right off the highway (which is what we wanted) and had several options for shopping. Because we are hilton honor members, we were bumped to a suite. We appreciated the extra room, especially after camping in a pop up for a week! The room was modern and updated. The only draw back was our A/C wasn't working well and didn't really reach the end of the suite. It made the room a little stuffy, but nothing unbearable. The hotel offered a manager's reception which included a light dinner, complimentary beer and wine and soft drinks. That was a nice touch. Breakfast was standard. Overall, a nice stay and exactly what I expect from a Hampton - comfort, convenience and good hospitality. Thanks!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us and other travelers with your feedback. I hope you enjoyed your time in Yellowstone and am glad we were able to provide a comfortable bed after a week of camping. I apologize your air conditioner wasn't working to your satisfaction. We will take a look at it and hopefully get it resolved for any future guests. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our 4 night stay here. This was our 5th time visiting Layton and the first time here. This is the best hotel in Layton! We liked the spacious clean room, delicious breakfast and friendly staff. We just booked another 3 night stay for August and look forward to knowing  we will be comfortable and well taken care of!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Penguin12345
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. We Loved Having You Here during your 4 night stay! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your room, breakfast, and most of all our staff. We look forward to Welcoming You Back in August with some more Hamptonality!