“Winners!!”

Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My wife and I were fortunate to stay at the subject hotel from June 27 through the night of June 29.

We have NEVER enjoyed the experience at any hotel as much as this one.

I would like to mention the following personnel as WINNERS! They each did more to make our stay perfect than they would have been expected to do. Their friendliness, and "make us feel at home" attitude was so unexpected and appreciated.

They are as follows: Kristen Child (Front Desk), Jody Whitear (Housekeep Manager), Troy Randolf (Front Desk), Shannon Walley (Sales)......(thanks for charging my portable computer speaker), Josh pepper (GM), and Pam Davis (Evening Host). Well done, well done, well done.

Sam and Anne West
Bismarck, North Dakota

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us and other travelers with your feedback. I am happy to hear we made you feel at home and you experienced some of our Hamptonality! We love having you here! I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team and especially those team members you mentioned. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton

Reviewed June 6, 2012

The room is just average but what you would expect of Hampton Inn. Shower head again was a disappointment (not the first time). At the end of the day its clean and comfortable and thats the most important things.

What turned an average stay to a very good stay was the great staff especially the guy who looks after breakfast and who I also saw vacuuming the hallways . He was always smiling and always super friendly. The front desk staff also allowed me to check in way earlier then normal at 9:30am which I found extremely accommodating of them. The breakfast was also really good (great omelette, sausages, tata tots plus some great fruit) and the guy I mentioned before was constantly refilling the food and cleaning up.

Location is great, plenty of dining options and close to the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank shazam10
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us and other travelers with your feedback. I am sorry to hear the shower head was a disappointment. But, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable surroundings as well as our complimentary breakfast. I am glad we were able to turn an otherwise ordinary stay into a great stay with our Hamptonality. I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

As a Diamond Hilton Honors member I have to say this Hampton provided me the worst room and service ever. My wife and I didn't sleep at all because of the noise from the elevator and all the kids screaming up and down the hall. When we brought this to the attention of the front desk they basically said there was nothing they could do about it. The front desk employee even went as far as to ask why I didn't tell the kids to calm down...remember these aren't my kids. Would not recommend this property.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kent D
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your wife's birthday. I would like to apologize for the manner in which your situation was handled. I regret to hear that your wife's birthday will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. At Hampton if you are not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay.As a result of your less than pleasant stay with us we have refunded all of your points you used for your stay, so you have the ability to use them for a future stay. Again, I am sorry to hear of your recent experience with our Hampton, but hope this gesture will help restore any lost faith in our hotel. We hope that you would come and see us again next year for your wife's birthday so we can make it memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I was working in the area for a week. I was a little concerned about how good the quality might be after leaving the center of Salt Lake City. As it turns out, I wish I would have stayed at this hotel my entire trip instead of one night at the Hilton and two nights at Little America. The ease of checking in and going in and out make it a pleasant location. The staff expeditiously handled every request with a polite smile and friendly conversation. The whirlpool was a life saver for me, and the indoor pool was a treat, too. One night I was the "Guest of the Night," which meant receiving a free bottle of water, a candy bar, and front-door parking. That was lovely, but I also appreciated having a parking spot by a door on every night. As I worked past dinner most nights, I especially was thankful for the night front-desk staff. One young man went out of his way to help me find several things while I was tired and grouchy from long days. I cannot recall his name, but he has reddish hair and a baby at home. Having a person who is so kind to you after a long day really means a lot when you're working far from home, and he provided that kind spirit. I would like to suggest putting uncooked popcorn bags in the vending machines or free at the front. That would be a great warm snack with movies at night! Another suggestion I have is checking the temperature of the hallways. It seems common in the area, but most of the building was VERY warm. I left my air conditioner turned on the lowest setting the entire time I was there just to be comfortable in the room. It felt like a sauna as soon as I opened my room door. Having a door that opened to the patio was helpful in the pool area to make it more comfortable there. The price was much lower than the hotels in SLC that had higher ratings, but this hotel was better in every way imaginable. Oh, but BYOB, as there are no easily accessible or reasonably priced liquor stores anywhere close. Pack a decent bottle of wine, and you will have it all! BUT - Do not eat at the Indian place next door. Good options are nearby.

Room Tip: This did not seem to be a "party" type of hotel with drunk 20 somethings being obnoxious...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank MeHappyTravel
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us and other travelers with your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, even more than some Salt Lake City hotels. I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience some of our Hamptonality, Devin and the rest of the team will be thrilled to hear of your experience. We will take a look at the A/C in our hallways and see if we can resolve the warmth you described. Again, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I would like to thank the staff at the Hampton Inn for a thoroughly enjoyable and comfortable stay. i was taken back by the genuine warmth and hospitality, from the staff who went above and beyond their call of duty to accommodate me. (Not sure if it's appropriate to mention names but I will) I'd like to thank Devin in particular, who during my six night stay went out of his way to answer and deal with any queries or issues that I had. You knew I was missing my kids and home in the UK and your kind words along with your bubbly personality added to my great experience at the Hampton...thanks for the Arsenal picture.

The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable, I took pictures as I couldn't believe the size. I would say it was definitely value for money, the free breakfast in the mornings with a variety of choice went along way in getting my day off to a good start. (The UK hotels could do with taking note). I had a fridge and microwave in my room. The heating/air conditioning unit was great, kept the room cool when it was hot and nice and warm when I felt chilly.

All in all a fantastic experience that I would not hesitate to repeat again...

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor on the right, which I found very quiet and peaceful...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Donna W
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us and other travelers with your feedback. I am glad to hear that you experienced some of our Hamptonality, free breakfast, clean, comfortable, and spacious rooms throughout your stay. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with Devin and the rest of the team. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Spent a couple nights on a business trip to Hill AFB. This hotel was recommended by a business associate I was traveling with, and he was right on the mark with this hotel. Everyone at the hotel was very helpful, polite, and just simply first class. I actually told my wife that this hotel had "Nordstrom level customer service". They'll get my business the next time I come into town.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CO_Traveler500
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us and other travelers with your feedback. And thank you to your business associate for recommending us! I am glad you were able to experience some of our Hamptonality throughout your stay! I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. We strive to Impress all of our guests with our service and I am glad we were able to succeed up to Nordstrom standards. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2012

This stay was the best I have had due to the wonderful staff. From the front desk to the houskeeping to the general staff they are all plesant, happy, and show genuine concern for how my stay is. They made me feel like I was the only guest in their hotel and far exceeded my expectations and now I will use this visit as a gauge to all my futre stays at other hotels. I have made this location my go-to and will not go to any other hotel when I am in the greater Salt Lake area. Thank you Layton Hampton Inn for the AWESOME stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cory H
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us and other travelers with your feedback. I am glad you experienced some of our HAMPTONALITY throughout your stay! I will be sure to share your positive remarks with the rest of the staff. I know they will be happy to hear they will be the benchmark for which your future stays will be gauged against. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon. We Love Having You Here!