“Customer servise is outstanding made us feel at home.”

Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton for 2 days and Nicol made us feel right at home. She gave us some refeshments for a movie we wanted to watch. Troy the maintenance man was also kind per everytime he passed us in the hall he asked hows your stay been is there anything I can do to make your stay better. I must say that I have not had such great customer service through my latest travel. It sure makes a difference to be treated as friends and or family rather than passerbys.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words about our hotel, Nicol, and Troy. Nicol and Troy are great assets to our team and we are very lucky to have them. I will be sure to share your praise with them and the rest of the staff. We strive to make every guest feel as if they are part of our friends and family, and I am happy we were able to do so throughout your stay. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton

Reviewed April 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton in Layton after driving for 2 days and were more than ready to stop and rest since we had two more days of driving ahead of us. Jessica checked us in and was most gracious and helpful in recommending a restaurant and place to get a massage that we wanted. She drew us a map and gave us information about the hotel and the area. The rest of the staff was also remarkable during our stay. My wife and I are retired and travel a lot. The service we found at this Hampton was outstanding and we would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. Jessica is a great asset to our team and we are lucky to have her. I will be sure to share your praise with her and the rest of the staff. Our goal is to Impress every guest, and I am happy we were able to do so throughout your stay. I hope you made it back to Seattle safely, and that you will stop by and see us again when you head south for the winter!

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I'm not sure where to even start. The comfortable large rooms, the cleanliness, the amazing friendly helpful staff, the amentities.... This hotel made our family trip/wedding one of the most comfortable and happy trips. They upgraded a couple of our rooms to suites, waited on us hand and foot. provided a breakfast each morning. had wii games avalibale in the lobby next to the cozy fireplace. an indoor swimming pool (perfectly heated), a laundry room that was very cheap. and anything we had forgotten the provided as complimentary. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I just wish that there were more hotels like this one available!!!. did I mention wonderful staff? This was an A++ hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2011
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words regarding our hotel and staff. I will be sure to share your feedback with our entire team as we enjoyed hosting and getting to know your family as much as you did. Our goal is to Impress every guest, and I am happy we were able to do so throughout your stay. I am glad you were able to enjoy and take advantage of all the amenities we have to offer. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2011

We were seriously impressed with all aspects of our overnight stay. The rooms were being updated and new carpet installed, yet even the construction crew members greeted us, apologized and moved their work aside when we passed in the hallways. All Inn personnel were solicitous of our welfare and eager to offer any assistance. The room was large and well appointed. Included in the cost was not just breakfast, but dinner as well, and it was tasty. When we left before 5:00 A.M the next day., a staff member begged us to wait just a few moments for a fresh pot of coffee being brewed. Everything about the place showed excellent service. Wish we could have stayed longer and taken advantage of the nearby shopping center--maybe next time.

Room Tip: Top floor probably ensures optimum quiet
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for your wonderful praise of our hotel! I will be sure to share your feedback and praise with the entire staff. It is our goal to Impress every guest and I am glad we were able to do so throughout your stay. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, breakfast, and evening reception. We look forward to your next visit when you can take advantage of that nearby shopping!

Reviewed October 29, 2010

Whenever we travel to Utah we stay here. The staff is totally awesome and go the extra mile to make your stay the best. We love the Manager Receptions and have met many people attending these events. The hotel is always clean. When I know I am going to Utah I look forward to my "visit" to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2010

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I will be sure to share your kind words regarding our staff with the rest of the team. I am glad you are able to take advantage of and enjoy our Managers Reception while you are here. We look forward to hosting your group during your "visits" to Utah and look forward to many more.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

I searched for a dog friendly hotel outside of Salt Lake City near the interstate. The Hampton Inn seemed to fit that requirement. This Hampton Inn does not charge for dogs which is a plus (although our dog never settled down from all of the previous dog smells). The location of this Hampton Inn was ideal--close to the interstate exit and chain restaurants (Olive Garden, Applebees etc) as well as Target. The area surrounding the hotel was new and clean with flowers and patches of bright green grass. However, once inside, the hallways were dimly lit and the edges of the carpeting have never seen a vaccuum. The rooms seemed dingy due to the low watt light bulbs. The rooms desperately need updating. We did not hear any disturbing noises. The beds were adequate. The breakfast was a duplicate of Holiday Inn Express with the premade plastic cheese omelets. There is a Holiday Inn Express directly across the street and a Courtyard by Marriott next door which you should try before staying at this Hampton Inn.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
ImpressGuestGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Thank you for choosing to stay with us because we are a dog friendly hotel and for your comments. I'm glad our location was able to meet your needs. I am sorry to hear that once inside you did not get what you had expected. We are in the early stages of planning a renovation which I hope will improve this opinion. I'm sorry you were not satisfied with the breakfast, we do rotate our breakfast items and had it been a different day I hope you would have been more satisfied with our egg option. I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

They offer a lot of amenities for business travelers: free brown-bag breakfast to go, good coffee, well-equipped rooms, free wireless, etc. The staff are helpful and friendly and there are lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JanK7
impressguest, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Layton, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I will be sure to share your kind words regarding our staff with the rest of the team. I am glad you were able to utilize and enjoy all the amenities we have to offer. We hope you come back and see us again in the future.