“Manager Specials!!”

Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Awesome experience. Felt completely taken care of. Not only did this hotel provide a great breakfast, but they offered "horduerves" in the evenings, first evening were BBQ sandwiches and second night was beef dip sandwiches with salads, chips and drinks. Seriously? Yep!! They were yummy and so nice to not have to go back out for dinner. Oh yeah, and then they served freshly made cookies!

Room Tip: Loved the King Executive. Gives a little extra space than the regular King room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
blarsen124, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for writing in a review of our hotel. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our Managers Reception and the cookies. They are 2 of the favorites with the guests. I will let the breakfast staff see the comments as well. We do take pride in the hotel and it's nice to hear that we are doing a great job. Thank you again and we hope to see you again on your next trip out to Layton.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is my second stay here and it was awesome. I had planned to go to dinner but when I arrived at the hotel, they were having what is called a Managers Reception, and today they were having soup n salad which was awesome. Kim, who was in-charge of the reception, did a great job of taking care of all the hotel guest. I am sure staying here again. The room I stayed in was also clean and quiet. To top it off, they put out milk and cookies after the reception.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
blarsen124, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you so much to taking a minute and writing a review of our hotel. It's nice to see that you were able to take advantage of our Managers Reception. It is one of the favorites among the guests. I will pass along your comments to the housekeeping department as well. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Layton.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stay here everytime I'm in the area and I have never been disappointed. The staff is always friendly and very helpfull. The rooms are clean and quiet and the amenities are in great condition. The location is great because there are a variety of good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013
blarsen124, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

I wanted to take a minute and thank you for writing us a review of the hotel. We are lucky to be in such a great location and in walking distance to so many restaurants and shopping. I will let the other departments see the review as well so that they know they are doing a great job too! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Layton.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is very nice in many ways. It's in a very good location with lots of restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. The hotel and our room were clean and the bed was particularly comfortable. There was also an added nicety of milk and cookies in the evening. The breakfast was not exceptional but good. They had cheese omelets and ham the morning we were there. The only reservation I would have is that the hotel is starting to show its age a little. We had some issues with the air conditioning/heater unit that left a bad smell in the room for a while. Yet, overall, a positive experience and we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Layton HIE has been one of the best hotels I've stayed at. The Front desk staff was always helpful and friendly always trying to Impress Guest and lets not talk about the FREE dinner and wine served for the managers reception that is a BIG PLUS :) my room was always fresh and very clean!! LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!! i will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Allen for the review! We take pride in the hotel and it's always nice to hear that we are doing a good job. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our Managers Reception. We enjoy saying HI to the guests when they come down. It has become a very popular occasion! I will pass along your comments to the other departments as well. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stay in hotels an average of 200 nights a year, this hotel has been one of the best i have used. The staff is very helpful and eager to make your stay memorable. They are very knowledgable about events going on and where to go for any kind of adventure. They have a managers social most nights with great dinner and snacks, not to mention free beverages. They also have a free hot breakfast. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. With all the choices these days in hotel/motels, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
blarsen124, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking a minute to write a review of our property. I'm glad you see that you have taken advantage of the amenities that we have to offer. I will pass along the comments to the other departments as well. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip out to Layton.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I stay in a lot of Holiday Inn hotels throughout the country every year through my work travels... This has to be by far one of the nicest, friendliest, and cleanest. Not to mention, the awesome FREE home cooked (not joking) meals and beer/wine Tues through Thurs nights only add to the value. One night was BBQ, one night roast beef sandwiches and au jus, and one night she made 3 really good soups... All excellent! If you're not feeling that, you're in the middle of a hundred other restaurants and shops. Close to Hill (5 mins) and 25 mins to SLC. Ill stay here every time I come back to the area.

• Stayed: September 2013