“Excellent place”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Divide, Montana
“Excellent place”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn express in Layton for about 10years now off and on. They seem to get better there as time goes on. The staff there is awsome and whenever I call to get a room I try to call when I think Meaghan is there cause she treats a guest like they are family. The breakfast is as good as you will find anywhere at a HIE as Erin does an awesome job. There evening Socila event is very nice as it beats trying to find someplace close to go relax.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thanks Joe for taking the time to post your review. I will be sure to share with Meagan and Erin as well as our entire staff. We try hard to impress our guests and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Like the other reviews state this hotel is in a great location. The breakfast is typical of Holiday Inn (awesome cinnamon rolls!) and overall the rooms and lobby were very nice. The wifi coverage was very good and the refrigerator in each room was very useful.

About the location, many restaurants and shops within walking distance which is nice if you don't have a car 100% of the time.

The only negative thing I can think if would be the shower head. It was an adjustable spay kind not typical of what I'm used to with Holiday Inns and I had trouble finding the right setting for a normal shower spray pattern.

Room Tip: If you want quick access to your car I'd suggest a room on the first floor near the end of the h...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thanks Dan for the great review!! I will be sure to share with all of our hard working staff. Best wishes for 2013 and we hope to impress you in the near future.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel is in a great location and close to a variety of dining and shopping possibilities. The rooms were very well maintained, cean, comfortable, and large. The lobby is also very comfy and the breakfast is typical of Holiday Inn Hotels. The front desk staff was, for the most part, very kind and professional. The gentleman working on the late evening when we checked-in was somewhat curt and even rude. Meagan was wonderful and our housekeeper was also great.

Here's my problem ... when I am in a hotel, I feel that I should be able to leave my room and return to my room whenever I please. I do not believe that hotel staff should be permitted to dictate or control my movements. At this location I received a call around 8:30pm saying that I was "walking around in the room" and going "in and out of the room too often." Apparently someone from the room below had called to complain. The front desk staff member who called was very rude in his approach and almost agressive in asking us to "correct the issue." We had not been in the room for over 8 hours --- when we arrived back to the room, I went to the ice machine, soda machine, and to the car to retrieve a piece of a luggage. I do not consider this excessive by any means and was not loud or noisy in doing so. The fact that the front desk staff member almost all but demanded that I not move around in the room and not exit the room again for the evening to appease the party downstairs really ticked me off. He also stated "and I know you have a small child." (She is 8 and was laying on the bed watching a DVD.) It was 8:30pm at night, not 2 in the morning. I have every right as a guest to get ice or a soda whenever I choose. The staff should not ask me to not "move around in the room" nor should they ask me not to "leave" my room again for the evening. Ridiculous. And the fact that a "family friendly" hotel immediately blamed the child in our party as the guilty person really angered me --- it was I, the 42 year old professional who was moving around and wanted soda and ice. The staff approach in this situation was way off and obnoxious.

The point in this ---- the walls and floors are obviously very thin and thus, you should request a room on the 4th floor to avoid hearing the guests upstairs. Evening and late night staff can be very rude and close to agressive in their approach. The hotel was not family friendly in this regard and immediately blamed the minor child for an alleged "disturbance" that was actually someone settling in their room for the evening after a long day outside of the hotel. Other than this minor event, the hotel was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ScottHSH
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear ScottHSH; Thank you for your review. We appreciate your taking the time to sharing your experience which in this case was both positive and negative. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff noted and housekeeping. I will work with our Front Office Manager to follow up with the individual and training. I sincerely apologize for this experience and misconduct on our part. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you.
Hayden Lake, ID
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Upon checking in I found the desk staff to be very friendly. They could not have been more helpful in their efforts to make sure I had everything I needed. Other places should take lessons from these two.

Although the style of the furniture in the rooms was not to my taste, it was very clean and the bed was comfortable which is really what is most important.

The business center was very clean, neat and tidy and well supplied.

Breakfast was typical HI Express. The eggs, biscuits and sausage were done just right and there was no reason for anyone to leave hungry.

Perhaps there are other hotels in the area that are just as good for the price, but there is no reason to look elsewhere. I will be back without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear affalken: Thanks for taking some time to write such a wonderful review about our property! The entire staff works so hard to keep the property looking good and keeping it clean. We also work hard on making sure our guests feel welcome. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.
away
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at the HIE over the last week 9-14SEP) for a work event. The staff, Shefali, Teresa, Sergio, Meagan, and a tall man with a buzzed cut (not sure of his name, possibly the manager?) were all excellent! They provided info concerning day trips and recommended restaurants. They were very helpful and made sure we were fed and 'watered' ;) They make an excellent team!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I have shared your comments to our team and appreciate your taking the time to share your recent experience.
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family stayed for 2 nights here while visiting for a work event. We got the family suite that was very roomy and comfortable. Had all the amenities we were looking for. Breakfast was great and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable and room was very clean. The only thing that didn't seem to work was the drain in room 411 not working properly in the shower. This was kind of a bother while bathing my daughter. The knobs in the shower needed adjusted and were pretty loose as well. Other than that, this place was great. We would definitely return if staying in Layton again. Thank You

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cmb0607
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for the great comments!! I will be sure to have that shower faucet double checked today. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
CANADA
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed one night while travelling home from Arizona. We were given a king size room that was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The hotel has a free breakfast which was very good. The Hi Express is very handy, right off the I-15.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
We appreciate your taking the time to share your positive experience with others. We hope to see you again when traveling through our area.