“Great Staff, Clean Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Hayden Lake, ID
“Great Staff, Clean Hotel”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Upon checking in I found the desk staff to be very friendly. They could not have been more helpful in their efforts to make sure I had everything I needed. Other places should take lessons from these two.

Although the style of the furniture in the rooms was not to my taste, it was very clean and the bed was comfortable which is really what is most important.

The business center was very clean, neat and tidy and well supplied.

Breakfast was typical HI Express. The eggs, biscuits and sausage were done just right and there was no reason for anyone to leave hungry.

Perhaps there are other hotels in the area that are just as good for the price, but there is no reason to look elsewhere. I will be back without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear affalken: Thanks for taking some time to write such a wonderful review about our property! The entire staff works so hard to keep the property looking good and keeping it clean. We also work hard on making sure our guests feel welcome. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
away
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at the HIE over the last week 9-14SEP) for a work event. The staff, Shefali, Teresa, Sergio, Meagan, and a tall man with a buzzed cut (not sure of his name, possibly the manager?) were all excellent! They provided info concerning day trips and recommended restaurants. They were very helpful and made sure we were fed and 'watered' ;) They make an excellent team!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I have shared your comments to our team and appreciate your taking the time to share your recent experience.
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family stayed for 2 nights here while visiting for a work event. We got the family suite that was very roomy and comfortable. Had all the amenities we were looking for. Breakfast was great and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable and room was very clean. The only thing that didn't seem to work was the drain in room 411 not working properly in the shower. This was kind of a bother while bathing my daughter. The knobs in the shower needed adjusted and were pretty loose as well. Other than that, this place was great. We would definitely return if staying in Layton again. Thank You

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cmb0607
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for the great comments!! I will be sure to have that shower faucet double checked today. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
CANADA
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed one night while travelling home from Arizona. We were given a king size room that was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The hotel has a free breakfast which was very good. The Hi Express is very handy, right off the I-15.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
blarsen124, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
We appreciate your taking the time to share your positive experience with others. We hope to see you again when traveling through our area.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had an overnight stay planned for the SLC area and chose Layton as we wanted to go to Antelope Island State Park. We chose this hotel because of it's location and our experience with the brand.

We arrived about 2 hours before posted check-in time but our 2Q-suite room was ready, so we were able to go ahead and move in. The room has the "suite" part separated from the rest of the room with a door - the front part of the room is very dark and needs the lights on, but that worked out perfectly for our teenager who wanted to go to sleep early while the rest of us were still up. There is a tv in the suite portion along with the refrigerator and microwave. The bed linens for the pull-out were in a drawer in the main portion of the room. The front area had a ceiling fan which was necessary for ventilation.

The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean and had plenty of counter space. I liked that the sink was not deeply placed on the counter so that even a shorty like myself could reach it; other HIE's have the sink deeply set so that I have to stand on tiptoe to not drip on the counter when using the sink.

The pool is indoors and pretty small so we didn't use it. The business center had two computers which worked well.

The breakfast area was open and there was plenty of selection - standard fare for what you get at a Holiday Inn Express including the pancake machine. The attendant kept things stocked throughout the morning.

There was a manager's reception in the afternoon which offered soda, beer, wine, sandwiches and chips and a few other items. Later in the evening there were cookies and milk available.

Check in and check out were a breeze. The front desk staff were pleasant.

We did use the guest laundry area which was clean, the machines worked well, and there was a folding table that always comes in handy.

We would recommend this hotel. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and a Super Target across the side road for any shopping needs one might have.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank nzmommy
blarsen124, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Layton I-15, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. It sounds like you were able to use quite a few of our amenities. I'm glad we were able to accomodate the early check in. That is something we will always try to do! I will definitely pass along the review to the different departments in the hotel. It is always nice to hear that what we do is appreciated. If you are ever back in the Layton area, please stop by and see us again!
Fort Collins, CO
Reviewed July 9, 2012

What can I say? This is what I love about Holiday Inn Express. Nice rooms, friendly staff and comfortable beds. The rates were reasonable but the WiFi pretty slow. Given we wanted easy access to Antelope Island and I-80, this was the perfect spot.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
moab utah
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed two nights and had the Lagoon package. The desk clerk was friendly at check in. Wasn't impressed with being put across from the laundry room (paying the price that we did) and requested a different room. They were very willing to accommodate. The pool and hot tub were wonderful. The beds seemed a little small and the room was also. I have had better breakfast at other hotels so it was okay. The gentleman that worked the swing and the following morning was very friendly.... He helped make my review a step better (it would of only been average), I wished I would of got his name. After a full day at Lagoon we had to reactivate our keys and that female clerk was NOT as friendly.... hesitate to give a little later check-out.

Room Tip: If there is more than 2 people I would suggest a suite.