“Perfect for us” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Layton
Colorado Springs, CO
“Perfect for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Traveling across country with three kids....stayed in Marriott properties on the way. This was, I think, my favorite property (though not the fanciest). The room was clean and had everything we needed...free internet is such a plus. The gals at the front desk the night we checked in were very friendly and helpful, and the folks there in the morning were nice, too. Best customer service of any of our stays on this trip (stayed in 4 different hotels along the way). The breakfast was grab and go....they don't have a lot of space, but gave a tray so you could take back to your room to eat. I would definitely come back here again...maybe not a ton of frills, but perfect for what we needed. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Canaan, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This may not be rated as highly by others, but for my needs it was OUTSTANDING+ .Lots of space in 2 bedroom suites, great value, and close to Hill AFB, where we were attending a ceremony and had 3 of them. Four different staff members were responsive to every request. We won't have a reason to return, but I recommend without reservation (no pun intended.)

Stayed June 2013
Grangeville, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We booked our room via the hotel's website MONTHS in advance to be sure we got a high floor suite, which we specially requested. Upon check-in we we were informed that all of the high-floor suites were rented out for the weekend, and the only one that WAS available would only be for one night, then we'd have to switch rooms, which we wanted to avoid. I grudgingly said it was "not a problem" to stay on the ground floor....boy! NEVER AGAIN will I make that mistake. We were in room 132 (I think?). It is one of the 2-bedroom suits on the end of the building. All night long all we could hear were toilets flushing, people going up and down the stairs, showers running, etc. Needless to say I hardly slept during our 4-night stay.

I am not one to complain, so I didn't, because it's not the hotels fault that there are stairs, toilets, etc. But just be aware that if you are on the ground floor, in one of the rooms next to the stairs, you WILL hear foot traffic noise from the stairs at all hours of the night. You WILL hear the toilets above flushing and showers running. I just wish the staff that checked us in would have been more accommodating to the fact that we specifically requested a high floor room, and we were there before the people that were supposedly checking-in the next night (in which case we'd have to switch rooms). Next time we stay, I will be sure we get what we requested.

The breakfast could be a bit better, it's just simple with yogurt, instant oatmeal and cereal. I've been to other hotels where you can make your own waffles, there are bagels and toast and omelettes, etc. That would be something nice to see at this establishment. However, I don't think they have the room for it in their small lobby area. :\

Room Tip: Don't stay on ground floors if you don't want foot-traffic noise! If on the ground floor, d...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The rooms are clean, but the buildings look pretty old. Check-in went well and employees were kind. I was disappointed with the continental breakfast available. They only have cereal, oatmeal, yogurt and drinks to take back to your room. I was hoping to take the kids and spend some time with them during breakfast while my husband slept in. I wouldn't mind staying here again if it was my only option, but would prefer to find a different location next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy35394
Lawrenceville GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

To whom it may concern:

I wanted to share my feelings regarding my recent stay at the Towne place suites in Layton UT (Feb 2013). As you will see over the years I have stayed at this property .I recall that this hotel had several great staff team members like Lori and Teresa. These staff members were always very professional and made my stays great.
Let’s start with the check in experience the representative which checked me in was very professional. She informed me that her computer system was down and she did her best to check me in efficiently. She stated that she was putting me in room 201. She expressed concerns about this room. She stated that this room was over the washers and that other guests had complained in the past. She stated that I was stated to be in room 301 but the TV was not set up properly. I did stay in this room and she was correct at approx. 2:00 AM I was woken by a loud low toned noise. The next day I checked out of this room and into room 301.
To the room there are several items which I noticed:
A. The internet speed and reliability is not constant.
B. The water pressure in room 301 is very low.
C. There are several areas on the base boards which the carpet is secured properly.
D. On several walls there are dents and marks.
E. The tub is chipped.
F. The cover for the HVAC filter has 2 missing screws.
G. The beds are a bit too firm for my taste.
H. In the bathroom sink:The drain plug and area around that had rust or was stained.
I. The light cover in the kitchen area was cracked in 2 areas.

The bed was very firm for my taste.

I will now address the housekeeping staff. These team members did their best to keep the room clean and smelling fresh.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Although this property is fairly dated, it is well maintained and clean. The staff is professional and helpful. You cant ask for a better location. There are quite a few restaurants within walking distance (1 to 4 blocks) and a super Target across the street. It is a short, easy drive to Hill AFB. The kitchen has "apartment sized" appliances, but are a good size for the room, clean and work very well. The maintenance staff keeps everything in good shape and working order with little sign of wear. The beds seem relatively new and are comfortable. The only issue I had is that the doors slam so hard when someone lets them go that the walls shake.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice during Sept. & Oct. 2012, I like this hotel, it is in a great location, close to business, shopping, restaurants etc. The rooms are a comfortable size quite & well equipped I also like the full size fully equipped kitchen. The grab and go breakfast is a great idea, many hotels struggle to provide a reasonable breakfast and probably waste money in the process, if you want pancakes go to the IHOP, if you want a quick simple breakfast or a cup of coffee it's there. My only complaint with this hotel is even though the hotel & room are well cleaned the cleaning in the kitchen part of the room seems a bit hit & miss, dirty dishes in the cupboard, dirty oven, that sort of thing, nothing to bad. Would I stay here again? definitely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo