“Recent stay”

Lawrenceville GA
“Recent stay”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

To whom it may concern:

I wanted to share my feelings regarding my recent stay at the Towne place suites in Layton UT (Feb 2013). As you will see over the years I have stayed at this property .I recall that this hotel had several great staff team members like Lori and Teresa. These staff members were always very professional and made my stays great.
Let’s start with the check in experience the representative which checked me in was very professional. She informed me that her computer system was down and she did her best to check me in efficiently. She stated that she was putting me in room 201. She expressed concerns about this room. She stated that this room was over the washers and that other guests had complained in the past. She stated that I was stated to be in room 301 but the TV was not set up properly. I did stay in this room and she was correct at approx. 2:00 AM I was woken by a loud low toned noise. The next day I checked out of this room and into room 301.
To the room there are several items which I noticed:
A. The internet speed and reliability is not constant.
B. The water pressure in room 301 is very low.
C. There are several areas on the base boards which the carpet is secured properly.
D. On several walls there are dents and marks.
E. The tub is chipped.
F. The cover for the HVAC filter has 2 missing screws.
G. The beds are a bit too firm for my taste.
H. In the bathroom sink:The drain plug and area around that had rust or was stained.
I. The light cover in the kitchen area was cracked in 2 areas.

The bed was very firm for my taste.

I will now address the housekeeping staff. These team members did their best to keep the room clean and smelling fresh.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Although this property is fairly dated, it is well maintained and clean. The staff is professional and helpful. You cant ask for a better location. There are quite a few restaurants within walking distance (1 to 4 blocks) and a super Target across the street. It is a short, easy drive to Hill AFB. The kitchen has "apartment sized" appliances, but are a good size for the room, clean and work very well. The maintenance staff keeps everything in good shape and working order with little sign of wear. The beds seem relatively new and are comfortable. The only issue I had is that the doors slam so hard when someone lets them go that the walls shake.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice during Sept. & Oct. 2012, I like this hotel, it is in a great location, close to business, shopping, restaurants etc. The rooms are a comfortable size quite & well equipped I also like the full size fully equipped kitchen. The grab and go breakfast is a great idea, many hotels struggle to provide a reasonable breakfast and probably waste money in the process, if you want pancakes go to the IHOP, if you want a quick simple breakfast or a cup of coffee it's there. My only complaint with this hotel is even though the hotel & room are well cleaned the cleaning in the kitchen part of the room seems a bit hit & miss, dirty dishes in the cupboard, dirty oven, that sort of thing, nothing to bad. Would I stay here again? definitely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ft myers,florida
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and found everything to be excellent
We think our wonderfull experience at this property was because
of outstanding management!
On many occasions,we have used Marriott lodging for business and pleasure,utilizing,town houses,fairfield inns, springhill suites,J.W. marriotts,etc,without a doubt this townhouse in Logan
Utah was superior to many of the others!
Gene Gowins
Ft Myers Fl

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar City, Utah
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Lagoon with our three children. The accomodations were great! We liked picking up the free breakfast and taking it to our room. The small kitchen was nice for preparing the picnic we took to Lagoon the next day. We actually used the swimming pool at the marriott next door because it was a liitle chilly for the outdoor pool at the towneplace. They sell discount tickets to Lagoon Amusement Park which would have been a great deal for us but I had already purchased tickets previous to travelling. It was clean with plenty of room and when our toilet wouldn't flush, a maintenance man was there within five minutes. I would definitely stay here again. Three tv's let eveyone watch what they wanted with no arguments. We were excited at the restaurants and shopping so close by: Barnes and Noble, Bed Bath and Beyond, Chilli's, and a Super Target were the stores we visited.

Room Tip: There are three floors, the doors are at either end of the building, so a room on the end is a short...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Emmett, Idaho
Reviewed August 20, 2012

What more can you ask for? Another bathroom would have been nice for 6 people BUT........that being said. Love having a full kitchen to fix lunch & dinner. It is great for families & children & can still lock ourselves away for some alone time.

Room Tip: Pets are allowed which I think is great but on this trip we had a couple of little yappers a few doo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sue K
Brigham City, Utah
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife surprised me with a quick overnight get away. I am not sure if she new what she was doing when she booked this hotel. I would consider this a pace to stay several days or with kids. THe kitchenettes are nicely equipped and there is a pool. The pillows and beds were very nive and the room had plenty of ammenities. The continental breakfast was pretty low budget but presented nicely.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple