“Just driving by and found a gem”

River Rock Roasting Company and Baked Goods
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in La Verkin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 21, 2014

On my way to the Grand Canyon from Salt Lake City, I drove by this little indie coffee shop and I just had to stop. Once I pulled in the parking lot, I saw the view and was amazed. I only went in for a cup of coffee but the place looked great and the staff was very friendly. I'm sure if I lived anywhere near La Verkin, I would be a regular customer here.

Of course the coffee was as excellent as the view..

Reviewed February 18, 2014

"Awesome coffee and people, even better location" really says it all. Everyone that worked there was super friendly and efficient, the coffee and quiche were amazing, and the view brought us back for a second helping the next day!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I just submitted a review for Red Rock Roasters and it is supposed to be River Rock Roasters. Please make the change. Thank you.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

That this place has lasted as long as it has in a spot that has seen dozens of coffee cafes come and go, is a testimony to the quality, hard work, and excellent product this place offers.

Fresh roasted coffee, on premises. Organic choices, some fair trade. BAKERY on site, with healthy tasty choices will keep you coming back for more. They have day old early in the morning that used to be only $1 each for large satisfying scones and muffins and the lemon bars to die for.

Coffee is fresh, whether from drip or an espresso drink

There is wifi, clean restroom, art on walls, computer to use, community information, several locations to sit inside, AND a SPECTACULAR VIEW outside on the patio (above and below) of the Virgin River. THIS ALONE is worth visiting the place and the food, coffee, atmosphere, and generosity of the owners makes this a GO TO STOP.

It is conveniently located on the way to or from Zion Natonal Park (on the west side) near the bridge that separates La Verkin from Hurricane. In the future, the great location may host community meetings and events in the space adjoining that they recently purchased. They have expanded their hours, and are open from 0600 at least on M-F, but perhaps every day except Sunday (likely open later).

This is a COMMUNITY SPOT, an alternative and addition to the local culture, that deserves to be kept going and patronized. Keep it going and growing to fit the community's needs.

1  Thank Lara P
Reviewed February 14, 2014

It took us 10 days on the West Coast before we found our first decent coffee! This is the place if you want a hot, strong freshly brewed cup. We visited 3 times in 4 days. 10 y.o daughter loved the Italian sodas, and we gorged on fresh cinnamon buns as big as your head. Had to stock up on some freshly ground beans for the rest of our 6 week adventure. Thanks again guys!