“Horrid Staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koosharem
Bowery Haven Resort
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Horrid Staff”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

My family and I have been staying at Bowery Haven for over 30 years. However, after our experience this year, we will not be returning. I have never seen such a rude, low class, disrespectful staff. The woman who manages the motel is an absolute wench. Her customer service skills are despicable. The store is filled with rude signs stating not to ask to purchase a fishing license if they appear "busy". Inside the room of the motel, there is another sign stating that you need to clean up your dog's "sh--". I asked if I could check in an hour early (The rooms had been ready for over an hour) so I could put my 2 year old down for a nap, and was told that that I couldn't check in early because I would use too much electricity. The next day I sent my daughter over to get another towel and they yelled at her as well. All I can say is that I advise you stay elsewhere. The only way that service this poor will change, is if they are forced out of business.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
19 Thank JamieLynn1063

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
California
Reviewed July 17, 2009

First let me say Fish Lake is one of the prettiest lakes I have ever been to. I have been staying at Bowery Haven on and off for the last 35-years. I have left motor homes or trailers in the RV park from late May through October and I have stayed in most of the cabins and motel units. I have always had nothing but the best service. Sadly after a recent trip, that has all changed. The rooms were still clean and comfortable but I believe it is under new ownership and while they were nice they are under staffed and not fisherman friendly which is bad for a lake known for it's fishing. We had a large 3-generation group so it was a mix of little kids, adults and old folks. When one of our group tried to buy a fishing license he was turned away several times saying they were too busy. After two days of being turned away he went to Lakeside Resort who sold him one right away. Another member of the group tried to buy something for $2.50 at the store with a credit but was told it was not worth it to them to take a credit card for under $5.00 and would have to charge $2.50 extra to take a card. The real aggravation was we rented a pontoon boat fro $165 per day. As most know the best fishing is early morning or late night. However they required the boats not leave before 7AM and it had to be back by 7PM which eliminated the best fishing hours. The owner said it was due to insurance concerns but the boat guy said it was because he had a real job he had to get to and was only there part time. Where the boat house use to have someone there full time there is now no one there. It took up to 1/2 hour or more to get someone down to release the boat and give you the keys. When one of our group complained they were told they were too busy to babysit boats. Oddly enough they were not too busy to charge you for not using the boat. The bottom-line is the poor customer service ruined what could have been a wonderful trip. We will return to Fish Lake but from now on we will stay at the Fish Lake Lodge or Lakeside Resort.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
17 Thank GoneFishing56

Been to Bowery Haven Resort? Share your experiences!