“Our most favorite restuarant - no, place - in the universe”

Leatherby's Family Creamery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Kearns
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Salt Lake City, UT
“Our most favorite restuarant - no, place - in the universe”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This and Cafe Rio are the most famous restaurants among all of our friends and people we know. A Cafe Rio happens to be right next to this Leatherby's and it may as well be an abandoned derelict compared to how many customers are at Leatherby's.

We've been a million times. The line is out the door even during winter nights. And they have TONS of tables, the place is huge. Yet the wait is never long.

Ice cream and chocolate, caramel etc to DIE for. And great food too. Perfect for a family or date. I'm starting to hyperventilate just thinking about Leatherby's. We often talk about it being the Happiest Place on Earth (forget Disneyland) - seriously, it is a "joyful" place where every table is full of happy people, it's fun just seeing how happy everyone else is being there!

• Visited July 2013

West Jordan
“A great family restaurant”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We love this place. Amy's hot fudge Sunday is amazing. Great place to go for a family get together. The food is decent. The ice cream is fantastic!

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Your eyes will be bigger than your stomach, I promise”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The sundays and splits and other offerings look delish and they are. They are big and over the top and easily sharable by 2 or 3 people. In fact an adult could easily order ice cream off the kids menu and be satisfied. Their homemade ice cream it self isn't the best in my opinion but they dress it up enough with toppings not to matter. The lunch/dinner offerings are average and seem a bit over priced for my liking. Leatherby's is one of the few true ice cream soda shop type places we have around here anymore and for that reason alone it's worth a visit.

Visited September 2012
West Jordan, Utah
“Just Plain Good!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've visited this place for the many years that they've been in business and was able to re-visit it again, last night. My date and I were looking for something to do in the meantime of waiting for a movie to start. She had suggested ice cream and I had asked her if she had ever been to Leatherby's. With the answer being no, I was more than happy to take her and introduce her to the world of Leatherby's and what I will describe as "Utah Ice Cream". As most everyone knows, the portion sizes for the ice cream selections are quite large and for one person to consume the entire amount is doing pretty darned good. I can't write that I have tried every selection on the menu as I typically order and have always been happy with the banana split. Considering that she had never been here and she didn't know what to expect.... she suggested that we share the banana split. Wise call on her part, considering that between the two of us - we still weren't able to finish it. We arrived to Leatherby's at about 10:00 PM on a Saturday night and found it to be relatively bus for an ice cream outlet, but the service was great and they had a full staff of servers and other personnel. I was personally thankful to be in at this time of hour, because the typical amount of children that are normally present was reduced substantially. And yes.... there are times that I have visited and have found it to be almost like a playground full of kids, kids and kids, along with non-minding parents. Overall.... Leatherby's will always be my favorite local ice cream parlor and I will return time and time again.

• Visited October 2012
West Valley City, Utah
“Ice cream heaven”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We've gone to Leatherbys a lot of times, the first being the day we got married, and the most recent was 2 weeks ago. This is a family-owned business and everything is made there. They have awesome ice cream, in an array of flavors, and served in an amazing variety of ways. My own favorite is the Shane's Chocolate Chip Swirl, but this time I enjoyed the Sue's Ice Cream Soda. The prices are super reasonable when you consider the size of the portions. Consider sharing an item, or plan on asking for a to-go cup. We've eaten actual food there, but the ice-cream is the highlight. The atmosphere is cheerful and happy and a little chaotic. The service is friendly and fairly quick. Its a good place for families, but nice too for a couples date night. They do catering and birthday parties, and gift cards are available. There are other locations in other parts of the valley as well.

Their menu is online: www.leatherbys.com/menu

• Visited May 2012