“Basic motel”
Review of Parry Lodge

Parry Lodge
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed overnight on way to Grand Canyon. There was a kids baseball tournament in town, minimal rooms available in entire city. Clean. Could definitely use a renovation. Cramped, small room, minimal space to walk between bed and dresser. Very small bathroom, small shower. Clerk was friendly. Restaurant on site, breakfast and lunch. Old western movie shown for free in the barn some nights. That was different.

Room Tip: I'd suggest you get a king or 2 queens in order to have room to move around.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 29, 2013

It was cozy and tons of history. Each room has the name of a famous movie star that has stayed in that room. It was very nice. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is into old westerns or history in general. _

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rtorbett
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for few days en route to Bryce Canyon. Rooms are clean and very historical place. At one time all movie stars used to stay in Parrys. Eat outs for dinner and lunch are walkable. Good place to stay will recommend to others. Definitely want to stay here for our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Parry Lodge for three days and four nights on a recent trip volunteering st Best Friends. The room was cozy, although don't go with high expectations. The nights were cool when I was there, so I didn't have to concern myself with the loud and antiquated air conditioning unit. I brought a dog for an overnight, and they clipped me $10 for it. I'd use the term "pet friendly" loosely in that regard.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very quiet town, hotel quaint, clean and staff friendly. Visited with a tour group and our only issue was the lack of understanding about how breakfast worked, easy and quickly sorted.
One of the group tried out the local cinema/theatre and found it very comfy. Good gateway for local area.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 9, 2013

In the heart of Little Hollywood, that is, Kanab, Utah, is a unique hotel called Parry Lodge. If it weren't for Parry Lodge, in fact, Kanab and the surrounding area of Kane County would likely not be know as Little Hollywood.

The Parry brothers began as drivers for movie companies coming to the red rocks and canyons to shoot films in the early 1900s. By and by, they saw the need for cast and crew accommodations, and built the lodge. That's the short version.

Nowadays, some of the rooms are labeled according to the stars who stayed in them. In May 2012, I was in the "Ruth Roman" room, a typical small room meeting the needs of the overnight traveler, which I was. I'm old enough to know who Ruth Roman was, although I'm sure her DNA is long gone from the place.

(Yes, the label will tell you I stayed here in June, but since I'm writing this review a year later, June was my earliest choice on the drop-down list. I actually stayed in May, 2012.)

The room was pleasant, meeting my need for a clean comfortable bed, an electrical outlet, a working bathroom, good climate control, and an Internet connection, which was free.

In addition, since it was Sunday, I got to attend the free Western movie night in the old barn out back that used to house Roy Rogers' horse, Trigger, and other famous livestock. Now it's a once-a-week theater, showing selections from the lengthy list of movies that that were filmed in the area. I arranged my stay especially to include this free feature.

I had breakfast the next morning in the coffee shop for a nominal fee, and was on my way.

This location was on my bucket list, so I can check it off, but I imagine that I will be back here at another time, because I drive through Kanab at least once a year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We spent several days in the Kanab, Utah area viewing the natural attractions and needed a base of operations. We chose Parry Lodge based on customer reports and were delighted with the quality accommodation that we experienced there. It is evident from the appearance of the Lodge that customer satisfaction is foremost in the minds of the operators. The grounds and room had a well cared for appearance, being clean and crisply decorated. The furniture was of decent quality and the beds were comfortable.

We travel with a dog and needed a pet room which was provided for an additional charge of $10 per day. When reserving, I requested a quiet room away from traffic noise with no steps. The Lodge has well over 100 rooms spread over several buildings on a large parcel of land so that our request was easily met.

The cost in April of 2013 was slightly less than $70 per night plus the extra fee for the dog. The Lodge provides good value at this price. WI-FI access is included in the room rate and worked well.

As a bonus, the Lodge has a dining room featuring a full course breakfast, also at reasonable cost. The dining room is decorated in an appealing manner, is comfortable and had pleasant staff. Lunch is available, but we did not sample that.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends