Parry Lodge
$169
$164
Orbitz.com
$125
All reviewsthe barnmovie starsjohn waynefrank sinatrahistoric motelcowboy moviesfilm historymovie makingback in the dayfun place to staycool placegrand canyonchain hotelslate at nightin townup to datelake powell
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Love this place, so much history. Stayed twice in one of the 'movie rooms'. They're small rooms, but always clean and tidy. The bed is a touch small for my 6' 1" frame, but still very comfy.

My first ever grump (although minor) about the Parry Lodge is that although we were one of the first in for the buffet breakfast, the scrampled egg and bacon was barely warm. Although this could have been a problem with the hot boxes on the day.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This was my second stay at Parry Lodge. I liked it very much the first time i stayed there in 2007 and i remember the price was much cheaper, i think breakfast was included and we had a bigger room with a king bed (The Omar Shariff's).

This time we got an old small room with a double bed for around $80 and breakfast wasn't included. The room was clean but it was very small and old. I think according to the room's features it's overpriced. I have stayed in better places for the same price or even cheaper. They have some renovated rooms, but ,of course, more expensive.

The breakfast was fine, a buffet with scrambled eggs, toasts, pancakes, sausages... just i missed fresh fruit. There was fruit but not fresh, it was syrup fruit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed at the Parry Lodge from 8/17 through the 22nd, and had a terrific week. In town for the Western Legends Roundup (first time visiting this part of the country), each day was better than the last. The lodge has a nice sized pool for a cooling dip in the afternoon, a restaurant that was quite nice with super friendly staff, and our room was excellent. The lodge was pretty full due to the popularity of the roundup, yet it never felt crowded. Our room had two queen sized beds, and the lodge brought in a small refrigerator and a microwave for our use while we were there. $86 a night was more than reasonable. Kanab has a number of motels along the main road through town (Center Street), but the Parry Lodge had what we think was the most charm in its appearance, and in the way the property was laid out. Except for our day trips to nearby parks (Bryce Canyon, Zion, Pipe Spring, Grand Canyon North Rim are all an easy drive away) we did not use our rental car to get around Kanab. The Parry Lodge is very central in its location, and everything was close enough to walk to.
Without exception, everyone on staff that we met at the Lodge were very friendly and helpful. For example, the day before we checked out I needed to get online to check in and print out our airline boarding passes for the next day. The Lodge has WiFi, but our tablet doesn't print. Staff gave me access to their front desk computer and printer, and a few minutes on line and I had the boarding documents. I probably should have mentioned that the Lodge does not have computers available for guest use. Yet, they gave me access to theirs, and I am confident that they would do the same for you in similar circumstances.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bruspell
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at Parry Lodge in Kanab, UT, when we were visiting Zion, Bryce and North Rim Grand Canyon National Parks. It was centrally located so we can stay at one place and traveled on day trips to all the national parks. It was not as big as I wanted, but the place was clean and the beds were comfortable to sleep on. Across the street from the Lodge were several restaurants so we don't have to go out of our way to have meals. This place also has a barn that was converted to movie theater (the town Kanab has a bit of a Hollywood connection) that you can watch old Western movies for free. Kind of nice if you just want to wind down after a day trip (they sell popcorn, too). Consider the choices and the price we paid for, Parry Lodge is a decent place to stay (with friendly staff and clean bathrooms) and we would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at Parry Lodge while we toured southern Utah and Northern Arizona. It was great to come back each day to our room. Parry Lodge has a very relaxed, friendly atmosphere. The rooms each open to the parking lot, which I like, but there is an added benefit in that the parking lot itself is secluded from the main roads, making the compound very quiet. We sat out on the porch in front of our room at the end of each day and enjoyed the evening. There is an old wooden barn in the middle of the parking lot that shows od western movies that were filmed in the area.
We had the buffet breakfast every morning, and enjoyed the pool every afternoon. This place is just great. I will definately go back.

Room Tip: I prefer the cottage style rooms over the newer
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family