“Depends on the guide you get”
Review of Action Photo Tours

Secret Slot Canyon Photo Tour
Ranked #7 of 17 Tours in Kanab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Based in Kanab, UT, Action Photo Tours will take you to the most stunning sights in the desert Southwest. We cater to photographers and take you to the best spots at the best time of the day. Photography instruction is also included in your outing. Private trips, overnight camping, and multi-day options are available. We also offer post-processing instruction, professional image editing, and on-location portrait photography.
Reviewed July 12, 2018

Guides seem very knowledgeable of the area but I think I got the wrong guide. Somewhat disorganized and not super responsive to client needs.

Management response:Responded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for the review. I'm so sorry that you did not get the experience that you expected when you reserved a tour with us. We will take this feedback and use it to improve the experience of future guests on our tours.

All reviews
"wave area"
"amazing experience"
"outdoor experience"

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

This was an absolutely amazing tour for my daughter and I ! We are so grateful for this experience with Action Photo Tours and the Best guide ever, Johnny Adolphson. Johnny is a distinguished photographer and his experience in Utah/Arizona nature is second to none! His knowledge, professionalism, kindness and sharing in our excitement made this a dream adventure come true for us! Do not hesitate to book with Action Photo Tours, no one else will compare!

Management response:Responded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for the review! Johnny is certainly one of the best and we are so glad that you enjoyed your time with him. Hopefully we can take you on another tour the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

The night sky Milky Way workshop was awesome. I learned a lot about my photography, my camera, and enjoyed it throughout. David is an excellent guide, getting us into incredible photo locations, being there at the right time and gave expert instruction. He is very skilled at Lightroom, Photoshop, and the techniques involved. I would recommend any one of their trips. This is not my first, nor is it my last with Action Photo and David. Simply put, this and a prior trip with David and Action Photo were the most meaningful photo workshops I have ever been on.

Management response:Responded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for the review, Bob! We're so glad that you enjoyed your tour with us. We look forward to seeing you on another tour in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2018

Great night sky photo tour of hard to reach areas with phenomenal rock formations. Excellent post processing tips to bring out the best in the photos achieved through detailed planning by David. Lots of driving on rough roads and long nights but worth the effort for the photos captured.

Management response:Responded June 16, 2018

We're so glad that you enjoyed your workshop with us! Rough roads and late nights are definitely the norm for us, but we think it is worth it as well!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 8, 2018

Great tour for photographers. They know the area well and took me to some really nice places at the right time (sunset). Though the ride there was bumpy (on rough terrain for half the time), I was able to get to sites where we are the only one there and not as crowded as other places at the Grand Canyon

Management response:Responded June 9, 2018

Thank you for the review! We're so happy that you enjoyed your tour with us. The roads can certainly be rough at times, but we think it's worth it to reach those secluded destinations. We hope to see you on a tour again soon!

Been to Action Photo Tours? Share your experiences!