“Efficient, relaxing, clean, and comfortable”

Quail Park Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“Efficient, relaxing, clean, and comfortable”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Jim was Like a gruff uncle who you love to be around, no bs, to the point, and honest. I'm in! Got my room, was directed to the best restaurant in town (according to my tastes). Yaay for vegan food, I could not believe the vegetarian and vegan choices in a meat driven restaurant in a tiny town in south Utah, not that their meat choices were not fantastic also ( gotta ask Jim). It is within walking distance, which is what I did after a nice glass of red beverage. I lost my key in my rig, Jim shook my hand and said to send it to him, no worries (old school). Fresh fruit or juice, donuts, and coffee will be there for breakfast right when Jim says it will, within a minute or two. I smiled for the next hour while driving.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Saint Albans, WV
Reviewed October 10, 2010

This is the second time we have stayed here and we plan to come back again and again. The motel reminds me of ones I stayed in as a child. The beds are comfortable (since I have a waterbed at home, I don't make this claim about most hotels), the towels are thick and soft, the shower is great, and everything is clean.The flat screen TV and wifi are a plus.The donuts for breakfast are a great way to start a busy day at Best Friends and the fact that they allow sleepovers makes our trip more special. The chairs under the tree are great on a hot day, and the view at sunset from Sherry's sloping balcony is beautiful. Jim and his son Travis are super-friendly. Most of the other guests were Best Friends volunteers and we congregated outside each evening to compare notes.I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Kanab. We loved it and so did Crockett, Donna, Ranger, and Amy. Thanks Jim and Travis!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to Monument Valley. What a cute little, retro style motel! The customer service is excellent with Jim at the front desk, very friendly, very knowledgeable about the area. This is an old-style motel that has been renovated and updated nicely and while we did not have our pet with us, it is pet-friendly. It is near Best Friends Pet Sanctuary and as I understand it, many who visit and volunteer there, also stay here at Quail Park. They also encourage doggy stay-overs from Best Friends. The pool is heated, though we didn't bring a suit, they provided coffee and danish/donuts in the lobby in the morning and also have a computer there to print your boarding passes, etc. A nice, clean little motel!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Its an older motel thats been re-furbished - which they say. The pictures are truthful, no sleight of camera tricks etc.
We were very VERY happy with our stay. Jim goes and gets fresh bakery items and fresh fruit for breakfast. The room was clean, comfortable and offered free phone calls to USA and UK, which was great.
Jim was so helpful.. we asked could we have hot water to make tea, and he obliged every day, to the point, on one day we returned my husband went into the office and before he could speak Jim says.. "its already on - saw you turn in".... you don't get that in a chain motel no matter how good they are.
Read the description, its truthful, and enjoy your stay - we did.

Western NJ
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I was a little surprised by some of the bad reviews. This place is advertised as a reto motel, and that is what it is. It is older, but clean. The pool is in the middle of the parking lot, just like the pictures, and like a lot of the older places from the 1960's. The tv was new, flat screen, mini fridge, and micro in the room. As for someone complaining it was right on the highway, i don't think you can really call Rt 89 in Kanab a highway, it's not like Rt80. It is the main street in town, but with the doors and windows closed we did not hear any street noise, just some nit wit in the parking lot at 5 a.m. beeping his horn...maybe it was RagTop. I would reccomend this place to anyone. It is as advertised, nothing more, nothing less.

cakeamatsui
Reviewed October 6, 2010

My friends and I spent a week here at the Quail Lodge, while volunteering at Best Friends- Dogtown in Angel Canyon. We had a double room which was perfect for three women. Calling the hotel we had Jim, the manager, who was wonderful and so helpful. The pre emails and followup contact from the hotel was awesome. Having a sleepover dog from best friends and staying at the hotel was the highlight. I have to say the owners of this hotel are very lucky to have Jim, he really makes you feel like you aren't part of a chain of hotels and I loved that people hung around and talked outside at night. It was very friendly, inviting and already making arrangements to return. This place is always booked solid, so I am glad I booked ahead.Thanks again Jim, you were great and we love how you took such great care of your dog to! Stay safe and enjoy your vacation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The room was clean and surprisingly quiet at night even though it is located on Hwy 89. The pool was heated and great after a day of sightseeing. It's location is in the center of sightseeing sites. Very friendly atmosphere.