“Quail Park Lodge Rocks”

Quail Park Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Just returned from a stay at this quaint lilttle lodge. I was so surprised at how easy it was to get to, and how clean and spacious the room was, including microwave and mini fridge. It was halfway between North Rim of Grand Canyon, and Bryce Canyon, (2 hr drive each way ) and about 30 min from Zion, and only 23 miles from the awesome Coral Pink Sand Dunes which you must see at sunset!!! The couple that run the lodge are super friendly and helpful with getting you where you need to be next. Nice mexican restuarant across the street. I would definetely return. There was a swimming pool too but I wasn't around long enough to use it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Quail Park Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property

Reviewed June 28, 2008

I booked a room at Quail Park Lodge after reading the positive reviews. The lodge is small and right on Highway 89. I was a little apprehensive about traffic noise, but it was quiet (and the air conditioner probably helped). The room and bathroom were beautifully clean and well-appointed. And, as one of the other reviews mentioned, the bed was wonderfully comfortable. I'd had a long day's drive and was almost numb with fatigue. The Lodge was a delightful find and a convenient stop over for the rest of my trip. Although I didn't see much of the hosts, they seemed very friendly and kind.I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2008

Unsafe room. Windows didn't latch. Great view of wood wall through the bathroom window. Miniature pool. Unfriendly Management. False Advertising on Motel website.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank RyokiF
QuailParkLodge, Owner at Quail Park Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2008

This guest booked one of our suites for 4 nights and upon arriving in Kanab, realized it was further from Lake Powell than they had planned. They said they would stay one night but then wanted to be closer to Lake Powell. We explained our early departure policy (which they had been emailed as a part of their confirmation) and offered to refund their money if we were able to rent the room on the subsequent nights.
The guest did not like this response and began verbally threatening the manager and myself with reporting us to AAA and TripAdvisor if we didn't refund their money.
We refunded their money for the difference of what we were able to rent and ended up with these false statements.

Reviewed June 25, 2008

We stayed there one night in order to be close to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Both managers were very nice and helpful plus the room was clean and roomy. We brought a medium size dog from Best Friends for a home stay and the hotel and grounds were very comfortable for "Mike" as well. It is great to have this available for visitors to Best Friends and the surrounding area.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank Caligirl2004
Reviewed June 24, 2008

We have just returned from Kanab, Utah, on our first visit to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. When I was planning our trip, I knew nothing about the town or the lodging that would be available. So, based on a referral from someone who travels there frequently, I chose the Quail Park Lodge. The photos of the rooms looked very nice and the price was very good. I was able to book the room online.

What I could never have known, was how wonderful this little motel could be. There has been great effort (and expense, I'm sure) put into making what is a classic motel of the sixties, into a very modern accommodation. I loved the furnishings, artwork and especially the WIFI... Everything has been redone and is very contemporary, there are even cozy robes to lounge in during your stay!

What I absolutely LOVED was that this is a PET FRIENDLY motel. Since many of the visitors to the area either have their own pet or bring one from the Best Friends Sanctuary home for a sleepover, this is a really BIG DEAL. And they give a discount if you are working at the sanctuary!

While out and about, I spoke to many people who were staying at other places in town and almost all of them complained about how outdated the accommodations were, or the fact that they did not allow pets. I just kept saying "Quail Park Lodge, remember that next time".

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank donnamedia
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I have to tell you we simply loved this little hotel in Kanab! Very reasonably priced and a great value. Friendly staff, clean rooms, good location, all in all a great experience. I suspect once the word gets out that it will get a bit tougher to get a room here so book early!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2008

What a wonderful little motel! The rooms were super clean, and the decor made us feel like we were staying at friend's house instead of a motel. The beds were wonderful! Super comfy with great pillows and a warm cozy comforter. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved Quail Park Lodge and would definitely recommend it to anyone travelling in this area.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple