“Coziest bed since my own!!”

Quail Park Lodge - A Canyons Collection Property
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Was snowed off the road and had to stay at three different hotels in Kanab. By far the best one. I will never stay any place else in Kanab. It is decorated amazingly cute. The beds are the softest I've slept in besides my own. It smells great and is very clean. Best of all, Matt and Travis are both so nice and accommodating. Will be joining them for a glass of wine. If you're in the area it is well worth the stop.

• Stayed: March 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I so desperately wanted to come on here and rave about the fantastic time I had at QPL. The staff were SO nice that it pains me to be honest but a dishonest review is useless so here goes. I stayed here for an entire week. I was in room #14 and it was cute. The motel advertises that it's newly remodeled. I would say that it's newly redecorated. Everything is very cute. Unfortunately cute in this case equals impractical. The glass vessel sink is quite pretty to look at but affords NO room for your toiletries. The shower appeared to be newly tiled but the shower head was a rain head, ment to be mounted on the ceiling. It was mounted on the wall and wasn't adjustable. I'm not a giant {5'10"} and I had to scrunch down to wash my hair. The toilet is the teeniest throne I've ever seen. It felt like I was sitting on the floor. The king sized bed was AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE. The bedding felt quite high end and was very enjoyable. I reserved a pet friendly room and was very surprised to see that the bedding was white. After having my overnight 4 footed companions on the bed, the desert-dusty paw prints were obvious. The TV was a giant flat panel job and the picture was good. The 2 remotes {1 for the TV and 1 for the Dish} were a little confusing at first. There was a microwave and a fridge and I used both and was happy to have them. There was no in room coffee maker and for me, that's a big bummer. They do have coffee in the lobby, but it wasn't worth getting dressed just to go get a cuppa. There were 2 enormous round chairs and a teeny-weeny table in the room. It was impossible to sit at the table and write, eat or use my iPad. It was cute, but unusable. I was only able to find 1 accessible outlet. It was the power strip for the TV so my phone that I use for an alarm clock either didn't get charged or if it did, it was across the room from the bed. Overall, the room was large and clean but there were so many little nusances that giving it an average rating is the best I can do. The parking is RIGHT at the door. There is virtually NO BUFFER between the parking lot and the room so you can hear everything. The town of Kanab is doing some really major road work that is supposed go last thru July 2013. Although I cannot fault the hotel for the construction noise that began every day at 07:00 SHARP, the proximity of my room to the street was such that, again, there is no buffer to help quiet the noise. If I would have only been there a night or 2 I probably would have been able to rate my experience higher. Being there 7 nights just made all the little inconveniences seem really frustrating. Would I stay there again? Sure, but not for more than 2 nights.

Room Tip: Room #14 is closest to the lobby {coffee} and has a great king sized bed. It's also closest to...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Threerottweilers
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had a delightful stay at this updated retro motel with comfortable beds, plush linens, & a very clean environment. The motel is thankfully pet friendly. The owner is very friendly, suggested sightseeing in the area & even arranged a tour for us at the Best Friends Animal Society. The continental breakfast was tasty. We will certainly stay here again when passing through Kanab the next times.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan P
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This motel is the best choice if you're coming to volunteer at Best Friends Animal Society. They are happy to have dogs from the sanctuary for an overnight stay. The staff treats you like long lost friends, and the rooms are VERY nice. The bikes at the front of the motel are free for guest's use to get around town--nice touch. The rooms are tastefully upgraded and make for a very cozy stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michele B
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We like giving local businesses our business and with reviews from Tripadvisor, we booked our over-night at QPL.

The old-style motel was easy to find, check in was quick (I was offered a glass of wine!) and our room was already warmed up for our arrival with a welcome note on the bed. Parking is right next to the outside rooms. I would really hate to be there when it is full! The lot is not that large.

Our room was a king. The decor was unique, refreshingly so! Bedding was nice and sleeping there was fine. We turned off the noisy heating unit and did hear the traffic on the nearby road, but that did not disturb us too much. The TV was huge. The bathroom was small, and while decorated in a neat way, it was too small to really store too many things around the sink..or to have two people trying to get in and out to get ready in the morning. I liked that there were two luggage racks.

The room needed some kind of table. There was a low, small wire table between the chairs that did not really work for balancing the breakfast paper plates and cups. The table was pretty useless.

I agree that people have probably piled on the 5 star reviews. The room was small and cramped though nicely done. The breakfast was so so...store bought small muffins and scones, but I did not expect much more. I did not see fruit there. Ladd was welcoming and the lobby was funky.

One of the best things was that we could stay there with our dog for no extra fee. And that counted for a LOT. We would stay there again, though since I've read on Tripadvisor that the rates are more expensive in high seasons, maybe not.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Splanky
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is an older style 14-room hotel. From outside it looks like any other. From inside, it is clean, well equipped, and surprisingly modern. Great all around. As a bonus, the prices in the winter are amazingly cheap!

My only wish, as a photographer, is that they would put the breakfast out at 6:00 instead of 7:00. We are almost always gone by 7:00. in search of a sunrise somewhere.

Room Tip: I got the impression that some rooms were very recently remodeled. Mine was. Not sure what rooms t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are uncommitted about staying after seeing a room (and getting their best price), check Parry's. Chances are you will return to Quail Park Lodge.

We took their last room available, a lovely suite. Very comfortable, scrupulously clean and modern.

Beds were very - yes, very! comfortable and we enjoyed our overnight stay before traveling on to Sedona in the morning.

Good Cali glass of wine upon arrival, and good coffee and nice bakery pastries in the morning.

At Parry's an obnoxiously loud bathroom fan made my decision to look at "one more" motel.
We were very pleased we drove on to find this gem.
Really, don't let curbside appeal have you think it's of lesser quality than a newer motel with a higher roof. There are positive attributes to cinderblock.

The motel has been thoroughly upgraded and is very nice and pleasingly quiet.

Room Tip: Room 10 is a spacious suite. Quite nice if you have lights or TV on and your companion wants earlie...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple