“Yum”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Excellent Food,decent prices & very attentive and friendly staff!
Best chili rellano I've had in a decade and I order them everywhere !

1  Thank Hilary C

Reviewed January 16, 2014

It was busy even though the town was short on tourists during our stay. To me, this meant we picked a great place since it was a hometown favorite.

Service was fast as they were trying to move as many tables as possible, but you didn't feel rushed to get out the door.

The food was great and had a few non american mexican dishes.

All in all, we loved it. It's a good pick for a casual night out.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were directed to Escobars by the hotel staff at the Holiday Inn Express.

It is not a large restaurant. Seats perhaps 30-40 people. It has booths, appox. 6 and several tables. On both nights we went there was a group of approx. 8 at the large table.

On the first night the staff was polite, but not overly friendly. On the second night as we engaged them in conversation they were much more open, friendly and less business like. The real personality came out on the second night. Start out by talking to them and all will be just fine.

I had the chicken enchilladas both nights. They were that good. The rice is so good. Not like any rice I have had at other Mexican Restaurants. I live in Calif. and eat at many Mexican Rest. and this dish was about the best I have ever had. I think my dinner was about $11.95.

They can be busy as there are not many choices for restaurants in Kanab in the off season. So you may have to wait for a table. We arrive between 5-6 and did not have a problem getting seated both nights without a wait.

We were there the first week of December and they were about to close for six weeks for the winter.

If in Kanab it is a very good place to eat. They were preparing food to go for walk in customers and phone orders.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We did enjoy the food here! The salsa was exceptional . I was not so crazy about the guacamole, it was very creamy but wasn't not to my liking. The enchiladas and tacos were good - excellent shredded beef! This is a no frills place and the staff were not overly friendly. That was ok, we enjoyed having good food at a very reasonable price!!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Since I've been back from Mexico, i was trying to find a good Mexican restaurant and there it is!!! Everything taste yummy. I had a plate combo with enchilada, tacos & tostada, simply delicious. The guacamole was excellent. Great staff. The only negative thing I have to say is that the meat(beef) didn't look cook.. and the service was a little slow but still good service.