“Once again, super!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had dinner here our first day in Kanab. They were quite busy but we got seated in a reasonable amount of time and after ordering our food, received it quickly. They seem to run a tight ship - all orchestrated by the owner. The food is delicious and you get good portions.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I met Rosa, the owner, at Canyons Lodge. We walked over in the afternoon and had a wonderful authentic Mexican meal. Rosa remembered my name and treated us like we were her best and frequent customers.
The salsa was home made as were the chips, that were still warm. Our Chile Relleno plate was enough for two of us to share and included the traditional beans and rice. The food was mild and flavorful. We asked for and got hot salsa since we are partial to spicy food. The menu had lots to choose from.
The weather was good so we ate outside on the patio.
Great Mexican food in Kanab. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Authentic Mexican cuisine at reasonable prices. Friendly owners. This is the place to go when you want Mexican in Kanab.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My sister and I ate lunch here one day, in the mood for Mexican food. What a great place! You can tell the food is good when the place is full of local patrons, which this place was! Very friendly service, and amazingly good prices! The salsa they gave us with their chips was truly the best salsa I've ever had, and I love Mexican food, and eat it every chance I get, whether it's Chili's, On the Border, Chipotle, Qdoba, or local mom & pop places. I don't usually get excited about beans, but these had such good flavor, I almost didn't have room for the entrée, which in my case, was the chimichanga, done perfectly crisp on the outside, and stuffed full of moist, tender, pulled chicken. I would definitely recommend this, and hope I get to return to Kanab again sometime in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My brother and I were driving through Kanab and stopped in for some food. Seating is fairly limited, but the food was great. Their chips and salsa were some of the best I've had. We were going to stick to the basics, burrito for me, chimichanga for my brother, but we decided to ask the waitress what she would recommend. We wound up with an array of specialties which included one of the best chile rillenos I have ever had. The chile verde and their refried beans were great too. I definitely will go here again.

Been to Escobars Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!