“saved us from Rocking V”

Escobars Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Kanab
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went in to Rocking V and they hustled to make room for our family. But left when there was nothing on the menu our kids would eat, and they didn't even say good bye. Escobars is a great option for "local place" style mexican food, with a fun staff that makes you glad you stopped. It was busy with locals and boaters when we were there, and still food was quick, and the water, chips/salsa was kept stocked. The server was freindly and treated us like we were there a lot. PLEASE open one in Denver, so we don't have to go so far for your food!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We've been to Kanab twice and visited Escobar's both times. From fish tacos to garlic shrimp (and that garlic was STRONG!!!) to burritos and enchiladas, the food is basic and good. Other than a few specialties and combination plates, most of the entrees are less than $12.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The best part was how perfectly wonderful this Mexican food was. The salsa and guacamole were the best I've ever had, the burrito's on par with other greats BUT, the service was pretty terrible. They told me when I called in that it would be ready in 30 mins. I went to pick up in 30 mins and had to WAIT another 30 mins standing in the restaurant while they STARTED to prepare my order. I will say however that the food WAS worth the wait.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

On my trips west, I look forward to eating exceptional Mexican quisine. This was not it. I had better in Mexican Town (Detroit) last week. The food was filling, but the service was subpar.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were only staying in Kanab one night and went to this restaurant on recommendation of the owner of where we were staying. None of us were too happy with our food. It honestly tasted like a generic frozen meal reheated. Maybe we are biased because we are from San Antonio and have a good idea of what good Mexican food is? We were underwhelmed and wishing we had tried our luck elsewhere. Can not recommend!

Been to Escobars Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!