“OUTSTANDING MEAL !!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Blairsville, Georgia
“OUTSTANDING MEAL !!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Was staying for one week in Kanab last week for a family reunion. I had already read on TA prior to our arrival about how many folks enjoyed their meals at Escobars so I made sure some of us ate there. Fourteen of us were all seated within about five minutes of each other at three seperate tables. Rosa was charming and sees that all runs smoothly in her restaurant. Some of us commented later in the evening about how organized and efficient she was. Yes, the salsa is house made and it is very very good. I had a taco salad and the shredded beef in it was excellent. Everyone, and I mean all fourteen of us enjoyed what we ordered. Even if you see folks waiting outside to be seated, stop anyway. The turn over of tables moves very quickly. The food is served very hot and quickly.

Doing a volunteer day at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and having a meal at Escobar's are two excellent reasons to visit Kanab, Utah again. Of course the National Parks, Monuments and stunning scenery in the area are added pluses.

Kanab is a very cute and friendly small town. An outstanding location for visiting Southwest Utah.

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Excellent, Authentic Mexican Food in Kanab”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had the Chile Relleno, Beef Enchilada & Beef Taco at Escobar's for dinner, but before getting to that I must gush about their salsa. It is home made (I asked) and it had flavor and just enough fire to really be good. Too often Mexican restaurants use obviously canned salsa, or make their own to be too watery, or too hot. This was just right. Good flavor with a little heat, but not too much. The taco was excellent with substantial meat and lots of cheese. The enchilada and chile relleno were both good. I don't eat rice, so I ordered a double portion of beans. The only down side was that they did not have marguerita's, but they had beer, so it was ok. If you liker Mexican food, as I do, don't miss Escobar's in Kanab.

Nanaimo, B.C.
“Escobars was just great, friendly, and quick.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've eaten a lot of Mexican food in my time, and Escobars delivered what I expected. The usual gigantic American portions of hot, tasty food did not disappoint. I ordered a burrito that could have fed a family of four, and the price was very reasonable. We enjoyed listening to Rosa try to explain food to a visiting family from France. I was going to help out with the French, but between Spanish, French, English, hand gestures, and the menu they were finally able to order what they thought they wanted. All in all, a fun meal !

• Visited May 2013
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
“Tiny place with great food and friendly service”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

When we arrived, the place was packed and we had to wait for a table for our party of 7. They let us know that they hadn't forgotten us as we waited. The waitress (Rosa?) had such a great sense of humor - joking with our party, but not being obnoxious. Will go again the next time we're in Kanab.

Visited June 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good Food”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This little family owned diner is a place where you can get good mexican food that is very filling. Sometimes it seems a little unprofessional but the food is of good portions so that it gets the job done.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Escobars Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!