“Wow...where to begin?!”

Rocking V Cafe
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Kanab
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: We set out to create a fun place to eat great food, served by really friendly people, in a relaxifying atmosphere, surrounded by cool art & good music. Simple. We want our place to be a spot where you can come and have a wonderful time after a fantastic day of hiking, a long day of driving, or a lazy, waste-lots-of-time-doing-nothin' day & find an oasis of enjoyment for your senses. There's a reason we don't have WiFi. Chill. Exhale. Sit. Listen. Look around. Power down. Kill the phone. Stow the tablet. Talk to the people you're dining with. Talk to the people sitting next to you. Enjoy your meal. Don't rush.(Unless you've been at the table for three hours, then you need to: eat it & beat it!. And no, we don't mean eat the table, that would take a long time and the splinters are hard to digest). Smile.
Southern New Jersey
“Wow...where to begin?!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Okay allow me to say that the Rocking V is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at, it is a personal favorite! Other's obviously feel the same as it was packed every night we were there! They do accept reservations and highly recommend you call ahead otherwise you'll probably be waiting, but trust me it's worth the wait! All of the food is fresh and the flavors are amazing! It has one of the best menus anywhere. The pork chops taste like Berkshire/Kurobuta but aren't advertised as such which makes this a value, either way they are cooked perfectly and paired with an awesome mustard sauce; the Buffalo Tenderloin is delicious, the Killer App (Sauteed Garbanzo Bean with Heirloom Tomatoes) is to die for but my personal favorite is the Rib Eye, I'm a steak guy and is one of the top three steaks I have ever had in my life, I ask them to top it gorgonzola cheese. All of the meals come with Soup and there house soup is a tomato which is amazing and I don't normally like tomato soup. It's like a puree and has a flavor I can't describe. We tried the Pecan Cheese Cake one night which was as good as the description. Good wine choices and the Desert Mojitios are out of this world! This is upscale dining without the super high prices.

We came here in October 2010 when we were in Kanab for 3 nights and ate here two of the 3 nights. This time in September 2012 we ate here 3 out of 3 nights! We chatted with the owner Victor who was hilarious as he was last time, I told him how I liked his Trip Advisor responses to unruly customer in the past. Victor truly cares about the customers, he checks on everyone every night. You don't find that many owners that truly care if there customers are enjoying themselves. The one night we were there we had a table for 4 but there was just 2 of us, we offered to allow another couple who were waiting to sit with us as it was very busy. They sat a couple next to us who were celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary, they really appreciated it and it was nice chatting with them. They even bought our recommendations for dinner ( the RIb Eye with gorgonzola and the pork chops!) Victor also appreciated it, he thanked us. The next day when we came in he thanked us again and sat us at our "usual table." You can read the menu and see his sense of humor all over the descriptions in there. Finally, we bought a picture that was hanging on the wall. Victor took care of all the shipping and didn't charge us for shipping until we got the picture. He called me back in NJ just to make sure everything got there okay. I can't wait to go back to Kanab and visit here again and catch up!

• Visited September 2012

• Korean first
carlisle
“Expensive”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The food here is good but not exceptional. It is a little more expensive than we expected. The basil and tomato soup is excellent.The service was very good.

• Visited August 2012
Brentwood
“Very good- expensive.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

11 of us ate there. We all enjoyed our food. It was not exceptional - just good. The prices seemed high for Kanab... But not many choices.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“I ate here for EVERY lunch & dinner!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Victor, who is co-owner, along with his wife, was delightful and very charming. The food was EXCELLENT!

Visited September 2012
MICHIGAN
“Tasty and delicious”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Everything on their menu sounds great, but I ended up with the black bean and corn tacos that were so good. You also get tomato basil soup with your meal. Then I cooled down with french silk pie. Worth all the calories.

Visited September 2012

Been to Rocking V Cafe? Share your experiences!