“Now operating as the Canyon Deli”
Review of canyon bistro - CLOSED

canyon bistro
Cuisines: American
letrips66
“Now operating as the Canyon Deli”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The meals are ordered in the deli and you can do sandwiches or entrees. The entrees were about $10-15 -- there was a curry dish, pasta, and vegetarian options. We had 4 people and there was something for everyone. We will return on another visit to try it again.

Visited May 2013

Hickory
“Canyon Bistro - now Linnsy's Bistro”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to try Canyon Bistro, now Linnsy's Bistro, while staying in Kanab for 3 nights. Although the staff was very attentive, the food itself was average or below. For example, I ordered the Eggplant Lasagna, which in theory sounded appealing but in fact was an unappetizing stack of ricotta cheese and undercooked eggplant. Although I specifically asked about red peppers (which I am allergic to) in the salad dressing, our server assured me there were none in it. Not only were there peppers in this dressing, but strangely enough, in the marinara sauce for my son's pasta. The sodas we were served tasted strangely (very bitter), and the staff was quick to replace them. In general, we felt the servers seemed eager to serve a good meal but were not very well-informed about what they were serving or how to serve it. This problem will likely be smoothed out as they gain more experience, and we'd like to think that will also be true for the disappointing food. Linnsy's Bistro may turn out to be a great little place to eat one day, but for now, it is not. We don't know if it's the new owners, perhaps a new cook or something else, but the quality of the food definitely did not match the previous reviews on Tripadvisor.

Additional note: We chose Cowboy Butte in Fredonia for our next meal and were pleased with the food and service.

• Visited July 2013
spokane
“Great menu variety”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Affordable, nice variety, excellent staff made this my favorite restaurant on our trip. In order to keep prices down, we had visited a number of chains and were sick of the chicken/burger fare. The first night in Kanab we ate at an excellent but pricey restaurant. Our second night we discovered Canyon Bistro. My husband ordered the acorn squash which is the prettiest dish I have ever seen. My granddaughter and I split a Caesar salad and an order of spaghetti which we could not finish. The staff and service put this bistro first on my list.

• Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Really good stuffed acorn squash”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Loved the patio, and had a really good acorn squash stuffed with quinoa on a bed of lettuce etc. Service was excellent also.

Visited June 2013
“Canyon Bistro is very enjoyable”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed Canyon Bistro. The food was excellent and the service was first class. High quality food and extremely good prices!!!!

• Visited June 2013