Canyons Boutique Hotel - A Canyons Collection Property
Hotels.com
$169
$164
$149
All reviewsvictorian innthe penthousejetted tubgas fireplaceno elevatorchain hotelsgrand canyonbed and breakfastsmall hotelplace to staybreakfast includedfirst floorin townnice roombest friends animal sanctuarysister propertysmall town
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Very nice place to stay. The room was comfortable, well-appointed, and had a nice bathroom. Breakfast was pretty standard buffet and nice to have. Definitely a cut above what I would have expected. This would make a good jumping off base for exploring the Kanab area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

What a pleasant place to stay. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We needed to checkout early the next morning, and they made arrangements for us to have an early breakfast, which was delicious. This hotel reminded me of a small, upscale bed and breakfast. Excellent amenities, very pleasant decor. Furnishings were very nice. Reasonable rates. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smokiestown
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had intended to stay at the Holiday Inn, but it was full. What a stroke of luck for us! Instead of the usual commercial hotel, we stayed at this quaint little hotel and slept in super soft sheets and comforters.

Depending on the location of your room, it can be a little noisy when people are coming and going, but very quiet at night.

Our room was small, but I understand others are larger. (I think we got the last one available)

Our only complaint was not enough seating for breakfast. The buffet is exceptional with great food and variety, but we had to wait for two seats to open up so we could sit down. Most everyone coming after us had the same experience.

I would definitely stay again, but make reservations so we get a larger room. And, eat breakfast earlier.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I don't know if they have room service, I don't think they have a pool... Our destination was skiing in Bryce Canyon, so a good sleep was our main concern, and we got that. This hotel reminds me of a Bed and Breakfast. By the way, I have never slept in a B&B lodging, it gives me the creeps. We went to one, and we walked right out. Bad memories... Back to the Victorian Inn... After finding that they don't have an elevator, I immediately expected the very basic service and accomodations, being that the concept is Victorian - old. To be honest, as I walked passed the bathroom on the way to our room, I silently thought to myslef that I had to deal with sharing the bathroom with all the guests. Sometimes I complain too much, so I decided I was going to be a good sport in the last two days of our vacation, and I would accept whatever is being offered. After all, I believe all the hotels in Kanab caters to nature lovers, hikers, outdoorsman type patrons. I was pleasantly suprised when I walked into room 110, quaint, quiet, with a nice king bed, super clean sheets (I thought I smelled too much bleach on the sheets though), a huge screen tv, and the room's own washroom with a romantic red heater lamp, and it's own toilet!!!! No toilet sharing!! Yay!!! We paid $79 on the off-season pricing, good deal!!

Room Tip: Room 110 is located next to a side street, but there were no traffic and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in Victorian Inn for one night during our Thanksgiving trip to Utah. It is centrally located to all national parks and attractions in the area -Zion (East Entrance), Grand Staircase Escalante, Bryce, Paria Canyon. It is also close to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Kanab, UT. We were going to Coyote Buttes area in Paria Canyon "the Wave" the next day, and Kanab was the closest town to the area coming from the East side. Victorian Inn is easily found right on the side off the road as you enter Kanab, it is quite close to the only highway going through Kanab but it was not an issue during out stay, our windows were facing a side street and it was very quiet the whole time. The hotel itself and the room on the second floor were beautiful - very tastefully appointed. Like previous reviewers said, it is more of a B&B style and each room has unique style. There is no pool or hot tub, and a very small exercise room on the first floor. Each morning there is a breakfast in the lobby with made-to-order omelettes, and standard breakfast fare, cereals, yogurts, fruits, waffles etc.. We did not request housekeeping service as we were staying only one night, but the room looked very clean when we arrived, and the service overall was great. Best of all the Inn was very reasonably priced at about ~$70 a night, considering a very convenient location, beautiful setting, and a tasty breakfast, it is a bargain. We would be back next time we are in Kanab.

Room Tip: Some rooms have jacuzzi tubs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple