All reviews grand canyon place to stay an overnight stay free wifi old school within walking distance small pool mini fridge clean rooms western legends nothing fancy large room small town in town bed was comfortable flat screen tv ice machine
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The receptionist is hostile without a reason, although the room is clean.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AdamAdamAdamAdamAdam
Reviewed May 28, 2012

On a recent hiking trip to southern Utah I stayed here for multiple nights and found this to be an incredible value. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Krista, and knew immediately I had made the right choice. I stayed in a one bedroom unit and found the bed to be comfortable and was never bothered by outside or other room noise. Each day the room was cleaned and it was always spotless ! I cannot reflect on the pool as it was not open when I visited; however, based on other aspects, I'm sure it would be very clean and a very pleasant place to be on a warm day. From the road it may look like an older establishment, but if you pass by you are missing a great local find !

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SoloBert
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We got a reservation last minute as we forgot to book an extra night (mixup on my part). The room rate was very low but the service and room comfort was very good, so a nice combo in anyone's book. Nothing fancy but it was overall very clean. Fridge, cable tv, wifi, all the standard amenities you'd expect are here. Definitely can recommend Aikens Lodge and the central location in Kanab is nice...right next to and behind the Rocking V's restaurant I might add.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Aiken from May 16 to 20, 2012. The owner keep the grounds and the rooms very clean. Since I decided not to bring my laptop on this particular motorcycle trip I was happy to find a courtesy pc in the lobby to check my emails. My friends who stayed here did compliment the wifi.

Each room has a small refrigerator.

I did use there very clean Guest Laundry Room. One washer with 2 dryers and each cost $1. One drying cycle was plenty to dry my clothes.

The pool is kept very clean as is the adjoining ice machine.

Room Tip: The higher numbered rooms (120 to 131 - I think) are newer and have bigger restrooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We were moving from Utah to Arizona and decided to stop for the night in Kanab. We got there later than planned and the staff had written us a note and left our key under the mat. The room was very clean and nice, the bathroom was spotless and spacious. We found the bed and pillows to be more comfortable than our regular bed and had a fabulous nights worth of sleep. The staff member at the front desk was incredibly friendly the next morning. All and all, it was a very pleasant experience and the price was great. I can't think of a single complaint, my wife and I were very impressed. I would definitely recommend this to a friend and would easily stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family