All reviews grand canyon place to stay an overnight stay free wifi old school within walking distance small pool mini fridge clean rooms western legends nothing fancy large room small town in town bed was comfortable flat screen tv ice machine
Reviewed May 12, 2011

big and clean rooms, friendly owner, good travel information. public bbq and microwave in room missing. good quality accomodation.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank swiss_couple2500
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Once again I had the pleasure of staying at Aikens Lodge while on a hiking trip to the Kanab area. This is delightful motel, convenient, well appointed and very clean. For the money there is no better in the Kanab area. It is family owned and operated and they have always made me feel welcome. My cousin who went to Kanab to volunteer at Best Friends stayed there for some time when she first arrived It was her high recommendation that prompted me to make my first stay and in the future it will be my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank OnTheRoad25
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We had just visited Zion and the park got better water pressure out of solid rock then the shower provided in our room. Perhaps a better showerhead would be "green" and have some water pressure too. The internet connection has a trick to it that the front desk does not seem to be aware of. I had trouble getting in, but was able to eventually get around it. Besides that our room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I along with 8 of my family members stayed at Aiken's Lodge for 2 nights in April. The owners of the hotel were friendly, helpful and very accommodating. They supply menus to most of the local restuarants and are more than willing to give you a recommendation. The price was perfect for the size of the room and location. The hotel is located on the "main drag" of Kanab, close to restuarants and shopping.
This was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. We did not see one speck of dust or dirt in our room, which is very impressive in Kanab due to the red dirt that likes to get everywhere. Although the hotel is a little older, the furniture, carpet and bathroom looked to be all new. It was very cold while we were there and the heating worked perfect and we stayed warm all night. The wireless internet is free as well as a refrigerator in each room.
Kanab is a half way point for meeting up with family and I will from now on always stay at the Aiken's Lodge while in Kanab.

Room Tip: Call the hotel to get AAA and senior discounts.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Older hotel and it showed. Stayed in a double room unit which had a large window at ground level facing the parking lot, anyone walking by cannot help but see everything in your hotel room. Everything in the room was dated. The room was tidy. Shower was tight. The pool was nice and very deep (10') at one end. There was nothing glaringly wrong with the hotel just a little expensive for what you got compared to other hotels we stayed at during our vacation. Could be hotels in Kanab are a bit more.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family