“sports bar in kanab”

Charlie's Oasis Sports Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Only Sports Bar in Kanab Utah..
Reviewed June 8, 2014

quaint little out of the way sports bar on outside of town, good appetizers with local ales. friendly staff

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I would really like to like this place better, but the food is just not all that great. I had a sandwich once on gluten free bread that was not so good - bread was dry, sandwich was dry. Had the same sandwich another time on regular bread - was better but still not wonderful. The sweet potato fries were good. I think it's a bit overpriced and the food is just average at best.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to zion and were quite surprised at the horrible service ... And I'm still not sure how service can be so inattentive when there is only one other customer in the entire restaurant . We got the burger and chicken sandwich which were pretty good but the " pretty good" food was completely offset by the service . Definitely wouldn't recommend based on our experience.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

tiffany is a great server and served up some amazing burgers. price is good and so is the food. only downside is that it isnot always open

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I am a resident of Kanab. Charlie's have changed hands a few times. I have heard mixed reviews in the time it's been open. My lady and I decided to get dinner there tonight, let me walk you through it.

Number 1 this place is many things but not a sports bar, there is no bar.

We went at 7 on a Saturday night. We were alone and I now realise there was a reason for that...

We ordered deep fried mushrooms from the very cheaply printed non descriptive menu to start. I expected a nice light batter, maybe tempura.

Batter was thick heavy and was overcooked/fried to the point if I had dentures they would have been broken. The oil badly needs changed in the frier and tasted in the batter to.

My girlfriends order was edible. I ordered a chicken avocado sandwich I ate a third of it between the bun it was very bland but ok.
After eating half I decided it was easier to cut the rest. Upon cutting into the chicken it was raw in the middle. Not slightly undercooked, raw. The waitress was real nice about it and apologetic. We left.

No one was in the place but us. Really worrying the chef can't cook chicken to temp in a dead restaurant and uses dirty oil in his frier. Poor tourists..

2  Thank Dazza100