“Awesome ATV experience for family in Coral Pink Sand Dunes”

Coral Pink ATV Tours
Ranked #5 of 17 Tours in Kanab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Offering Scenic Guided Tours at Coral Pink Sand Dune's State Park. We offer 1, 2, or 3 hour tours where you drive your own machine as you follow an experienced guide throughout the park. We also offer a ride with a guide for those that would like to take in the sights while the guide drives throughout the park.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I'm writing my first reviews after returning for a week Canyoneering with my four boys (17 to 11).

I booked an ATV tour after some internet research with a little trepidation. I'm always worried about tourist destinations that are in it for that one-time $$-stealing experience. I have four teenagers who wanted adventure!

However, a phone call to the number on Utahatvtour.com put me in touch with Jennifer, who assured me that we wouldn't be in for a slow hot in-line atv "train", but rather lead by a guide who would go at the speed he felt we could handle.

Let me first say that Coral Pink Sand Dunes is a wonderful place to camp. It's different than the other place we visited. The name says it all.

The morning of our ride we met James, the owner. He was patient and informative in describing how to use his pristine vehicles. Then off we went! James took us through winding paths and, after all were comfortable, at increasingly fast (but controlled) speeds. Then out in to the sand dunes for some dessert adventuring.

Finally, we did some sandboarding, which was great.

I later went to Bryce and saw old vehicle driving down straight paths.... not sure what it was like, but I would choose to go in Coral Pink Sand Dunes with Jennifer and James every time.

1  Thank PAUL B
There are newer reviews for Coral Pink ATV Tours

Reviewed May 30, 2013

James and Jennifer were very friendly. James took me out and made sure I was able to see the whole park, take pictures and have a few thrills. He was polite to ask if I wanted him to slow down and drive a little less crazy.... I told him to go for it and it was better than a roller coaster with an awesome view. I was able to get some great photos.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My son and I really enjoyed riding the ATV over the sand dunes. James was a great guide and always looked back to check up on us. Jennifer had been amazing from the start. She went out of her way to help me plan my Utah/Arizona trip, gave a lot of good suggestions and advice when I called. We were late getting to the sand dunes so we were told they could only take us out for an hour on the ATVs and we would have to come back another day to rent the sand sled (something my little one was looking forward to doing). When we got back from the thrill ride on the ATV, there were some people waiting to take another tour. Even though they were ready to close shop for the night, James agreed to take these people on a 30-minute tour. Seeing that they would remain open for at least 30 minutes more, Jennifer allowed my toddler to take the sand sled out and play free of charge. I was very grateful as I discovered 30 minutes of sand sledding was all we could handle after a long day. Thank you so much James and Jennifer! We had an awesome time on the sand dunes!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

On the drive between Zion NP and Page AZ, we saw a sign on US 89 at a cross road that said "Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park, 13 miles". We decided on a whim to check it out. The park is amazing with these huge sand dunes made of Navajo Sandstone that blew into the widening valley and was deposited by the wind. At the gate we discovered that Utah Off-Road Outfitters had a concession for ATV tours in the park, We chose the 3 hour tour with Pat driving while I took photos. James Gilchrist lead us on our tour and he did a magnificent job, The weather was threatening rain so we did the tour in reverse order because I was really interested in seeing the remote dinosaur foot prints fossilized in an ancient river bed. James was very flexible about that. Other than a brief rain, the weather held and we were able to complete the full tour. We definitely enjoyed the tour and would recommend it enthusiastically.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am a professional photographer, and I had a one-on-one tour of the most beautiful "dunescapes"!
James is very knowledgable and extremely considerate. Great ride!

1  Thank Jan S

Been to Coral Pink ATV Tours? Share your experiences!