“Clean room, super fast internet, freezing AC!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a very nice hotel stay at this location. The rooms were clean, the internet was fast, and there was even a microwave and refrigerator in the room! You can tell that the hotel is an older hotel, but that aside, it was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Would recommend to anyone. The location was extremely quiet and the AC was super cold.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Citlali_CC
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was late in booking accommodation in Kanab, so all the better options were either really expensive or even sold out. I read the reviews here for this property and gave it a try. In my opinion the reviews here are overrating the property.

Everything is old, worn out, overused and run down. The lobby is tiny, the furniture and decor in the room is from decades ago, the premises are not very clean either. There appeared to be an abandoned car in the parking lot as well as lots of trash under stairways.

Luckily at least the room was clean.

I went to used the pool. It is sizeable and in a nice setting at the end of the property in the greenery. But, the small pool house is totally neglected, the paint is pealing off, the metal parts are all rusty ...

The continental breakfast is very very limited, just a few items to put on trays and take to your room.

Had I been paying in the 40-50 dolar price range, it would have made sense. But they charged me 80$ a night, which this property never deserves. It would need a total make-over, soon!

To top it all off, the check-out lady was very unfriendly, she was angry as I asked for a printed receipt. She finally printed it and gave it to me. No thank you, no good-bye, nothing.
It was the "We've already gotten your money, now just go ..." attitude.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great place to stop after going through Zion and before heading up to Brice Canyon, they both within good driving distance. The hotel is well kept up with very comfortable beds and simple but clean rooms. DTV was a bonus. Simple continental breakfast is available. Wireless and pool. All in all a good base of operations for a couple of days. Food in town was also good.

Room Tip: Use this area to go up to brice canyon so you can come back with sun setting in Red Canyon.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My family of 4 just stayed here while volunteering at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. We just wanted someplace inexpensive to sleep and shower. It's in the best location! Easy drive to Best Friends, and short walk to souvenir shops / Western Movie Museum, and short walk to the Rocking V Cafe for dinner. See review of restaurant also: Delicious!

The lady at the front desk was very nice. Check-in was fast, check-out smooth, and rooms were older, but comfortable. Our Queen beds were a little saggy in the middle. But we all slept fine! The shower seemed new and water pressure was great!

My son & I enjoyed the little continental breakfast. There were 3 cereals to choose from, mini muffins, toast, nice COLD milk, apple juice, orange juice, coffee, etc...

For the low price, it was a pleasant surprise. Met and exceeded our expectations. THANKS!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

No parking that I found for truck and trailers. Easy check in, nice staff, decent price. Military rates were almost double the normal cost though ? Older room design and prints, satelite tv, fridge and microwave. Decent bathroom with plenty of towels. Beds were very comfortable, nice table next to the window for working at also.

Room Tip: all room sabout the same, no real traffic noises but you car hear between the rooms also. End room...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently stayed here for several nights while I was hunting in the area and I thought it was great. Our room was very large with 2 beds and room for a third (roll-away bed). We never had breakfast so I can't comment on that, but the staff was friendly when I interacted with them. When we left in the morning, I wasn't sure if we would need the room that night because it all depended on our hunting success and they were really flexible with not charging us as long as we gave them notice by mid-day. I had the roll-away bed one night and we ended up not using it and when I was checking out, I joked that even though I was paying for the roll-away bed, we actually never had to use it, and without hesitation, they took it off of my bill. I wasn't expecting that at all. I figured that whether or not I used the bed didn't matter. I still had the bed in my room and thus I was preventing someone else from using it (paying for it). Therefore, I expected to be charged for it, but like I said, they didn't even question me, they just took it off of my bill. It's rare that you see that type of service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mea37
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here free using Choice points. Outside appearance is good but the room needs some updating. Breakfast was very minimal. They only had cold cereal; luckily I had instant oatmeal with us. I would only stay here again if it was free or a very cheap rate.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple