“Appalling attitude of staff”

Jakey Leigh's Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Kanab
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Appalling attitude of staff”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

6 of us stopped off mid morning for breakfast. The food was mediocre and that is being kind. I saw the staff member preparing the burrito with her mobile tucked under her chin, chatting away. Not only did our order get mixed up but so did another lady, she waited ages for a croissant only to be told they had forgotten it. We asked for tea and received a blank stare, the toast we ordered didn't arrive and when it did it was slung on the table minus any cutlery, when asked for a knife and jam it was also slung on the table whilst the waitress was in mid conversation with her colleague, so rude. We travelled across 4 states and ate out the whole time and this was the worst experience both for service and hygiene/ value for money. I don't know if we picked a bad time as there were no cakes etc on offer the cold cabinet was empty. I would certainly not recommend this place

• Visited September 2013

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Tried it once but didn't go back because”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This appears to be a great little breakfast spot. Great choices for coffee and even chai tea, my favorite. The pastries looked great so we tried a scone - it was great! The breakfast sandwich and burrito was quite good. The problems arose as more people arrived. They do not have enough help to make the special coffees, prepare food and deliver it. Very slow if more than six people are there at the same time. We also have to agree that the place was quite dirty. After ordering we noticed that the pots looked like they hadn't been cleaned in quite awhile. The small kitchen area was also less than sparkling. We decided to eat elsewhere the next morning.

• Visited September 2013
“Excellent food and great service!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Quality food with friendly service. The coffee was fresh and delicious. Right in the middle of Kanab, seating outside and inside! The bagels taste like they were shipped from New York!

• Visited August 2013
“Best bagel ever”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I didn't stay for a meal, but I got the best bagel I've ever had in my life, for under 3 dollars. They make them themselves, I can only assume the proper way (boiled in salt water before baking). Friendly fast service, and other tasting looking home baking.

• Visited June 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Dirty”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The owner and help do not have a clean bone in their body. Lol, it felt unsanitized and the young man helping us rang people up and then without cleaning his hands after touching money started to make our food and touched our bagels. We were very disgusted and didn't eat the food. They need to work on their cleanliness and wearing clean clothing without holes. I would not eat here again

Visited June 2013