“Great place to meet the locals”

Jakey Leigh's Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Kanab
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to meet the locals”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stopped at Jakeys on my way threw Kanab for some coffee and some information and , ended up getting one of the best home made bagels I have ever had and, when i asked for some information the girl behind the counter wasn't sure so she asked a group of older men and I ended up meeting some of the most interesting locals they really brought Kanab to life and from what I understand they are there every day.

1 Thank Danielle B

Southern New Jersey
“Plenty of breakfast at a breakfast place...”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I wanted to get this review in to tell all to ignore the ignorant ones prior. Went here this morning for a quick breakfast although my hotel serves a full hot breakfast, we wanted to try it because it looked like a nice little place. To sum it up...they have a decent menu, the breakfast burrito and breakfast sandwiches (got it on the cheese bagel) were both good as was the Almond Poppy muffin. The total breakfast for 2 of us with 2 coffees was under $20, so if that is a splurge to some folks I'm not sure what a decent inexpensive breakfast is. In addition to the good breakfast at a good value, when we were leaving we went to purchase coffee to go as it is a different price and the owner Jakey gave us the cups for free, free coffee! In addition, to my knowledge they do not advertise as a Vegan restaurant so if that is what you require, sorry. But they do have a SOY LATTE on the menu as well as many other ESPRESSO drinks, all very inexpensive. It's not a 5 Star restaurant so if that is what you are looking for, you are in the wrong area but it is a quaint little cafe in a quaint little city. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank cjruper
Laurel Fork, Virginia
“No breakfast @ a breakfast place”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Splurged on a breakfast out of my motel & chose Jakey's. Selection had onions & peppers -- no peppers, Americana Coffee no expresso, bill -- over 10.00. Asked to cancel, they did, so I never actually ate the food....

Visited September 2012
Jeffersonville, Indiana
“Great for a quick breakfast”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We wanted a quick but filling breakfast. Try their breakfast sandwich or classic breakfast. Excellent.

Visited September 2012
Kanab, Utah
“They Don't Appear to Accommodate”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

They don't appear to accommodate all of the vegetarians and vegans that are here at least. All of the breakfast sandwiches had meat and eggs on them and did not offer other options. Also, tried to get a coffee with soy milk and they didn't have it. That is uncalled for. My friend got a blueberry muffin because he was starving and it proclaimed to be "homemade" but he said it tasted like a grocery store muffin and it was very small. Also, service was seriously lacking and unfriendly. I won't be back.

• Visited September 2012