“Good Chinese Food”

Luo's Chinese Restaurant`
Ranked #26 of 39 Restaurants in Kanab
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Chinese Food”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My family and I stopped at Luo's on our drive back from the Grand Canyon to Hatch. We saw a lot of billboards for the place and thought, why not? Let me preface this by saying that we have access to authentic Chinese food here at home. I have to admit, Luo's comes pretty close to authentic and good for being the only Chinese restaurant in town. We spoke with the owner in Cantonese. She was really friendly. We had their roast pork buns (char sieu baos). The buns needed a few more minutes in the steamer, but they were pretty good.

My niece ordered wontons with noodles. We had to laugh when the noodles were spaghetti noodles. We can't fault them for the noodles since egg noodles is probably hard to come by given the location.

If we are in town again, we would definitely give Luo's another visit. I would give this place a 3.50 star, but for their good service, I gave them 4 stars. Good job for the good food, Luo's!

• Visited July 2013

Centerville Utah
“what a crap hole”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

went to take my son here but the place was so gross and the staff so extremely rude i refused to eat here. I guess I can see why it is rated lower than restaurants that are closed. This will be the next closing business in town. NASTY

Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Great take-out food”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have been to China several times, and found the food at Lou's to be authentic and delicious. We got 3 take-out items: Double cooked pork and cabbage, beans, and Yu Choy with beef. If you can, go into the restaurant to choose off the menu with pictures because I didn't see these items in the on-line or take-out menu. Everything we ate was amazingly - we loved it all. As for portions, it was more than enough for us and we did not find the prices outrageous. If you are on a shoestring budget, Lou's also has $5 rice bowl dinner options. The restaurant itself didn't look that welcoming, but we only have praise for the items we got as take out.

• Visited March 2014
Utah
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A lot of my fellow locals love Luo's, but I find the food to be bland, the prices are higher every time I go and the portion sizes are smaller every time as well. The staff are, like they are everywhere in this area, slow, but friendly enough. There's really nothing, in my mind, to recommend this place unless you are really in the mood for Chinese. If you're looking for authenticity, you're not going to find it here and if you, like me, like your food spicy, no amount of assuring the staff that yeah, you've been here before, and yeah, you really want it to be way spicier than every other time, no, really, put a lot of spice in it, is going to convince them to make it spicy.

Visited May 2013
Illinois
“Not your typical Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've been to Luo's several times and have found it to be the best Chinese food in town. Okay, it's the only Chinese food in town but it's still okay. The atmosphere is a little weird. The restaurant is never crowded although the seem to do a decent carry out business. The people who work there yell to each other and at each other. At least they are nice to the customers. I think the portions are fine. It is slightly over priced, but the food is consistent. It's not a relaxing meal, but it's usually satisfying and I'm not hungry an hour later,

Visited November 2013