“Nothing Special”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A lot of my fellow locals love Luo's, but I find the food to be bland, the prices are higher every time I go and the portion sizes are smaller every time as well. The staff are, like they are everywhere in this area, slow, but friendly enough. There's really nothing, in my mind, to recommend this place unless you are really in the mood for Chinese. If you're looking for authenticity, you're not going to find it here and if you, like me, like your food spicy, no amount of assuring the staff that yeah, you've been here before, and yeah, you really want it to be way spicier than every other time, no, really, put a lot of spice in it, is going to convince them to make it spicy.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've been to Luo's several times and have found it to be the best Chinese food in town. Okay, it's the only Chinese food in town but it's still okay. The atmosphere is a little weird. The restaurant is never crowded although the seem to do a decent carry out business. The people who work there yell to each other and at each other. At least they are nice to the customers. I think the portions are fine. It is slightly over priced, but the food is consistent. It's not a relaxing meal, but it's usually satisfying and I'm not hungry an hour later,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

this place was the only one that offers vegeterian meals for dinner in this town.
But we were very disappointed about the taste and the appearance of the food. We were almost alone in the restaurant and this is a bad sign.
Try to find other place, maybe somewhere in Kanab they offer some veg dishes too.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I went to Luo during a long stay in Kanab. It was great. I agree the portions are small but the quality could not be beat. I had the kung pao chicken which was perfectly spicy and the veggies were really fresh.Egg rolls were wrapped in very thin light dough. It's not a place to go if you have a lumberjack appetite but for really good Chinese it was great.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Where to start? This was the worst Chinese food we had ever eaten. First of all, let me start by noting that I lived in Taiwan and worked at a mom and pop Chinese restaurant for several years in the US. We would visit the competition and eat at Chinese restaurants whenever we went out of town. My friend has also lived in Asia and is quite familiar with Chinese cooking. We both opted for the hot and sour soup. The soup temperature was fine, but the tofu, meat and whatever else was minced up so small that is was fairly unrecognizable. My friend ordered the kung pao chicken and I had a spicy beef and veggie dish. The kung pao is generally spicy, though this version was sweet with a huge vinegar taste to it. The veggies did not appear fresh in either meal and were in general a little limp. The chicken was very scarce, just a couple of small bites in each dinner. Both meals were runny looking and unappetizing. The dinners were both served with white rice and a portion of lo mein. The lo mein was greasy and flavorless. Neither of us ordered egg rolls. I usually do not eat a lot, but was left completely unsatisfied by this meal. Additionally it was pricey for the area and especially for the (lack of) quality. The one plus was that the service was decent and friendly. The restaurant did not appear overly clean, and as mentioned in several other reviews, the staff did a fair amount of yelling back and forth to the kitchen from the dining room. I would not recommend this restaurant.