“Not horrible, but will pass next time”

Luo's Chinese Restaurant`
Ranked #25 of 39 Restaurants in Kanab
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
letrips66
“Not horrible, but will pass next time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

One night after volunteering at Best Friends, we decided to get take out rather than get dressed and go out again and Chinese allowed everyone to get something different. The food was more expensive than most Chinese I've had and the flavor was nothing special. One of our group had a curry dish at the Canyon Deli/Bistro later in the week that was better (and less expensive) than Luo's. Next time we want take out in Kanab, we'll just get pizza.

• Visited May 2013

Rochester
“Pretty authentic Chinese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Yummy! Great service, good food. Mostly authentic Cantonese style Chinese food. Hard to find good Asian food in remote areas. I say mostly authentic, since it is hard to find real Chinese veggies in remote areas. 3 large dishes were just right for the 4 of us (2 adults, a growing teen, and a growing pre-teen). Menus in English and Chinese. They speak Cantonese. I would recommend eating here (yes, I'm Chinese American).

• Visited June 2013
Big Water, Utah
“It's Chinese Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

It is a bit more expensive to eat here than most Chinese restaurants in big cities, but that is one of the inconveniences of being remote. They offer med and large portions, and the med is pretty small compared to any other Chinese place I've been to. If you want leftovers or to share, get the largest size. I appreciate the vegetarian options, but Luo's if you read this, please offer some vegetarian dumplings. The food is quite good and satisfies me when I'm in the mood for this fare. One negative is that I find the place to be too loud and I've never felt comfortable in there, so I always get it to go. There is too much yelling back and forth from the woman who I assume owns it and the cooks and wait staff. If it were more peaceful in there I'd stay and eat, but if you get it to go, it's fine.

Visited March 2013
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
“Chinese food. What can i say.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Too lazy to cook and my wife was not feeling very well, we were pointed in the direction of Luo's for their hot and sour soup. We ordered take-out for two and it was just enough to satisfy us (i amused to Chinese restaurants serving you for 4 when you order for two, but this way nothing goes to waste). The food was ok, nothing special and i guess the same goes for the service; it must have been the oldest son of the family who greeted us in a fairly uninterested manner.

All in all nothing special to me, ok for take-out but i wouldn't go dining here for the food or atmosphere. On the PLUS side they can make all meals vegetarian on request!

• Visited October 2012
Kanab, Utah
“Chinese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I like Chinese food, husband does too just not on favorite list. Luo is very friendly and the food is very good.

Visited May 2012