“Disappointing”
Review of Spurs Grill - CLOSED

Spurs Grill
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Spurs has live music most nights. We have a large patio with live music full range menu from kid's meals to the top steaks we also have a full bar from cocktails to beer and wine as well as specialty drink's. Spurs also makes it's own dry rubb and bbq sauce for our world famous bbq ribs stop on in you won't leave hungry. To top it off try one of our turtle brownie sundae's Come relax great food/drinks and music and let us do the work.
Kanab, Utah
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I've lived in Kanab for 5 years and just now went to Spurs for the first time. I had avoided it in the past after hearing terrible reviews from other locals. I was excited to go last night after hearing a band that I follow was going to be playing there.

We ordered water when we first sat down and didn't get it until 30 mins later after reminding the waitress. We had three different people wait on us while we were there for about an hour. I ordered a Mojito from the first waiter and nachos to share with the 2 other people at the table. The Mojito tasted nothing like a Mojito. I felt like I was drinking cough syrup and there were no mint present in the drink. I was severely disappointed knowing that I paid $7.50 for a drink that I knew I couldn't finish. When a new waitress came by our table, I told her I couldn't drink it and before I could ask for a beer instead, she insisted I tell her who made it. I told her I didn't know and she quickly walked off and said she was going to check and NEVER came back to our table. I almost walked out after sitting there for 20 mins with nothing but a horrible drink to sip on (we still didn't have our water). Then ANOTHER waitress stopped by after my boyfriend joined our table. I explained to her everything that had happened and she did get me a beer and our water finally. The nachos were awful as well - and that's saying a lot as I'll eat and drink almost anything. I'm not a picky person but if I'm paying $11 for nachos, I expect them to be decent. There was barely any cheese on the nachos, it was basically lettuce on chips (we ordered them without the beef since we all are vegetarians). Our party of 3 left within an hour of being there, which was disappointing because I was really looking forward to hearing the band. We will never go back. I recommend Calvin T's for live music and Escobars or Rocking V for food.

3 Thank Carrie S

edmonton alberta
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a confrontation with the owner on how she treated her staff. She was extremely degrading to the hostess ringing up our bill in front of us. I asked her to please not talk to her like that and she informed me she was the owner and she could talk to her any way she wanted. It was a very uncomfortable situation. The service was not that good and the food was mediocre at best. I would stay away from this place! Not recommended !

5 Thank screem
Bloomington, Indiana
“Disappointment”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This restaurant was next door to our hotel so, we were hoping that we would love it....but we didn't! The night we were there, we sat outside to enjoy the band playing. The band was so loud that we couldn't hear each other. The service was horrible. I had to track down a person to take our order after we had been seated for 15 minutes. Looking around, it appeared that most of the customers were in the same situation...menus laying on their tables with no orders taken. Once our order was taken and placed, the food arrived quickly. However, we were told that they were out of 2 of the items that we ordered. The food was just average but enjoyed watching some of the customers two-stepping to the music.

1 Thank Debra E
“Awesome!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in after 10pm & they still accommodated us w/extra friendly service. The steak was delicious the ribs even better! Beer was cold appetizers were fantastic! Had music going food came out quickly & the whole dinner for 3 ppl was only $50. LOVED the food! Staff was GREAT! Next time I'm in town I'll go back!

Prince George, Canada
“There are much better places to eat”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

we ate here during our visit to Kanab in June of 2014, based on recommendations from several young locals. we had the special, steak, which was not very good. Lots of fat and over cooked. My wife had a strawberry daquari which was the worst she ever had. I would definitely not eat there again.

• Visited June 2014