“Terrble food and they just don't care”
Review of Spurs Grill - CLOSED

Spurs Grill
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Spurs has live music most nights. We have a large patio with live music full range menu from kid's meals to the top steaks we also have a full bar from cocktails to beer and wine as well as specialty drink's. Spurs also makes it's own dry rubb and bbq sauce for our world famous bbq ribs stop on in you won't leave hungry. To top it off try one of our turtle brownie sundae's Come relax great food/drinks and music and let us do the work.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Salad bar was fine, but the shrimp was simply awful; tough and rubbery and a miserly dinner portion (six scrawny shrimp). Worse corn on the cob ever. Not one table in view that had been served this corn had eaten more than one bite. Brought it to the attention of the hostess who excused herself so she could "give it a try". She came back and just shrugged, "Hey, it's frozen corn". Apparently, they couldn't care less and that's a shame.

6  Thank Nancy K
KanabJohn, Owner at Spurs Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for your review The truth in this matter is I am the owner and not just the hostess, My name is Chara and you told me when you were here the food was great except you didn't care for the corn. I explained the fresh corn is not out yet, I even told you that we purchase that corn from Sysco. You were sure to tell me twice that all of the rest of the food was "very good" and my cameras show all of this and you enjoyed all your food except the corn that I have no control over. My husband and I hope you have a good day and stop in next time your in the area maybe I'll have the fresh corn in. The best part of the whole issue i told my husband we will get a tripadvisor on this one just didn't expect the lie about the shrimp thanks. Chara.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

While visiting Kanab, I stopped in at Spurs Grill for dinner. I was amazed at the quality of their food. The portions were so large, I could barely walk out. The atmosphere was a total pleasure and the feeling I got was that I had arrived HOME. The one thing I don't have at HOME is a Turtle Sundae but I recommend you DO NOT pass up one offered at Sprus. It is FANTASTIC.

Kevin B.
Stanwood , Michigan.

KanabJohn, Owner at Spurs Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thanks for the great review it was a pleasure to take care of you and your group glad you made it home safe hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Tried you twice and was even more disappointed the second time. The fish was so tough and dry it took a steak knife to cut it. While the location and atmosphere was desirable, the food was terrible. Save your money and go somewhere else.

5  Thank Frank O
KanabJohn, Owner at Spurs Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Sorry you were not happy with your meal hear at Spur's we serve about 20 meals a night of cat fish and have never had anyone say they had to cut it with a steak knife. Guest really should say something while your at the place if there is any truth in the matter and give the place a chance to correct the problem if one really exist rather than go pass poor judgement on a place. As no one is perfect not even you! we seat 438 people and fill up past our seating most all night's during season to bad the hundreds of meals a night that we serve don't all post on here. Thanks John

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am now in Vegas, but was privileged with the experience of spurs. Food at that price should not taste that good! Everyone there is at tentative to ALL the customers needs. I will definitely return to this establishment over and over! In reference to the "would you" review..... I would just like to state the truth. In that area, I am sure that the restaraunts are very competitive for business. Not being a local I do not know names. It saddens me to think that other competitive restaurants would stoop that low. I was happier with my service there than my experience tonight in vegas

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our 1st time in Kanab. We came for Best Friends, but imagine our great surprise to have one of the best bacon cheese burgers we've ever had! And the service was outstanding! Their home made soup was delicious and be sure and save room for the turtle sundae. Chara, our server and owner was fantastic! If you're looking for some real home cooking, be sure and go to Spurs. I know we'll be back on our next trip here. PS -the burgers are 1/2 pounders and are literally bigger than the bun!