“Best for Vermillion Cliff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dreamland Safari Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 Outdoor Activities in Kanab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dreamland Safari Tours delivers unique Scenic Off-Road Adventure Tours with plenty of Photography stops and short hikes mixed in. From the well known sights to those "secret" places only the locals know about, our adventures highlight the best of this wild, vivid landscape. Already designed for everyday people, options are available to fit your time frame, interests, and abilities. Our seasoned naturalist tour guides are simply the best in the business. Loaded heavy duty Suburbans carry up to 25 passengers in air conditioned comfort. Whether you are interested in touring for 3 hours or 3 days, backyard or back country, we are your outdoor connection. Let us do all the work. After all it's YOUR vacation!
Bologna, Italy
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best for Vermillion Cliff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

The organisation was perfect and Brad ( the guide) was very kind taking care of us and superb guide. I hope to come back, and I will recommend Dreamland who get around in Vermillion Cliff in completly safety, on board of Chevrolet suburban plenty of water and food, thinking only to make pictures and movies enjoing the view points.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank DanGhir

Tennessee
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Did the "Ultimate Kanab Tour" and it was great. Had Brett as the guide and the whole trip was great. Didn't see anyone else the whole day so the entire landscape was quiet. All the stops were very fun, interesting and scenic. There was some climbing involved and it's best to know that you might have to work a little but the payoff is well worth the effort. The was all & all, a great, great tour. Take the time and the money to do it. As an avid hiker, I greatly enjoyed this tour. The tour company provided lunch with the tour an although it was sandwiches, chips, fruit, etc., it was still great. Do this tour!

Visited June 2014
Brooklyn, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“High quality, thoroughly professional and enjoyable, worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We are New Yorkers and not outdoorsmen by any means, on a trip through the Southwest to commemorate a milestone event. I wanted to see something special beyond traipsing through the National Parks, but knew a technical hike would be beyond our abilities. We booked an excursion to White Pocket after doing extensive research and not wanting to test our luck for the Wave lottery in peak traffic time, not to mention being unsure of our abilities to hike that distance/difficulty, and chose Dreamland Safari Tours after researching and reading a few hundred reviews from various tour operators in the area. (I particularly liked their straightforward attitude and no-nonsense FAQ.)

Don Black was our tour guide and was great to spend a day with. He offered plenty of information, answered any question, and was exceedingly patient with those in our group who might move at a slower pace. He would have done anything we wanted to do at White Pocket, but I deliberately didn't come with an itinerary or routing because I wanted to experience it and not just check things off a list. He offered to just show us the route he liked to take and that was a fantastic idea. He was also able to route us around the rock without running into the two other groups who were there with their tripods and taking extensive photographs. I really appreciated the one area he sat down and said that he just liked to sit there and stare at the formation.

Lunch was unexpected - I thought we'd get a sandwich from the supermarket, but instead it was fresh cold cuts and sandwich fixings which Don prepared by cutting by hand! This of course was second to his expert navigation of the sand dunes to get us out of the area. And his equanimity in dealing with a loud and opinionated member of the tour group was definitely appreciated. However, we really felt we got value for money in his obvious expert outdoorsmanship - I might be able to navigate New York City like a champ but would be utterly lost in the desert.

We fell in love with the area and hope to come back so that Don can take us to South Coyote Buttes next!

Gatineau, QC,
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent safari tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We took a tour (4 people) on May 19th 2014. Our guide --Don Kramer was excellent at giving us many facts about the geology and history of the Buttes. Although it was a full day of hiking and travelling, he never lost his sense of humour and was a pleasure to have as a guide. We did a lot of off-road travelling to get to the canyons but he took great care in telling us in advance about the road conditions. Although we had brough plenty of water, he made sure we had more since the hike was strenuous and it was quite hot when hiking. He made sure we saw ohenominal views wherever we were and provded many tips on how to walk properly on the rocks and trails.. He also made sure that we walked at a pace where everyone could follow and we never felt rushed. This was a great hiking experience for all four of us--many thanks to Don our guide.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No other way to see south coyote and white pockets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was planning a DIY trip to south coyote with my daughter. After researching, I thought better of it...turned out to be the right choice. My experience with Dreamland started with the booking of the trip itself with Meghann...great suggestion on the cookies too... and just got better from there. Our guide, Bret, was fun to tour with... very informative trough out the hikes with a lot of laughs to go with it. Cottonwood Cove is so large, and confusing, that trying to do it alone with one day....you would miss a lot!!!

If you are lucky enough to draw North Coyote (unlike me)... I would also recommend hiring on of these guys... it is a lot more than "the wave" and just like Coyote South... without them, I know you will miss a lot.