“Toroweap Grand Canyon WOW”

Dreamland Safari Tours
Ranked #1 of 22 Outdoor Activities in Kanab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dreamland Safari Tours delivers unique Scenic Off-Road Adventure Tours with plenty of Photography stops and short hikes mixed in. From the well known sights to those "secret" places only the locals know about, our adventures highlight the best of this wild, vivid landscape. Already designed for everyday people, options are available to fit your time frame, interests, and abilities. Our seasoned naturalist tour guides are simply the best in the business. Loaded heavy duty Suburbans carry up to 25 passengers in air conditioned comfort. Whether you are interested in touring for 3 hours or 3 days, backyard or back country, we are your outdoor connection. Let us do all the work. After all it's YOUR vacation!
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Thank you, Will, for a wonderful day on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
My husband is a consummate field botanist, geologist and birder. He planned our 20 day vacation to Utah and Arizona to walk trails to add to his store of knowledge. We rented a 4wheel drive small SUV in Las Vegas for the purpose of going to Toroweap. Sunday night I finally got around to reading about the road to this section of the canyon and panicked because it was definitely beyond our ability to drive it with certainty. So I Googled Kanab and found Dreamland Safari Tours and signed up for a trip on Monday. It was very last minute and I realized they might not be able to help us, but a very late night exchange of emails with Will and we were in his Suburban at 12 noon on Monday. Luckily we were flexible for time to allow him to make his arrangements for this last minute tour.
We had a wonderful time! The last section of the road was way worse than I expected - even though it was bone dry. We were jostled around as Will maneuvered the rocks but that big Suburban did it's job.
My husband got lots of stops for wildflowers and me for pictures. They talked geology and plants and birds for the entire trip. When we got to Toroweap, Will guided me over the rocks - I don't like heights and really don't like cliff edges - but he got me safely to locations so I could take pictures of this gorgeous section of the Grand Canyon. He also took my camera and took many pictures of Mike and me that will probably be on our Christmas card. After a long look at different sites with plenty of time to soak it all in, we had lunch at a picnic table and headed back.
We had a "Happy Trails" adventure on the way home that put Will at the top of my list of people I want to be with when driving around looking for a lava tube!
It was hard to justify the cost of this trip added to our vacation budget at the last minute, but Hertz will get their car back in one piece with all the tires intact and we had a day we will never forget!
If we come back this way again, Dreamland Safari Tours will be our first stop for a tour guide!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked a trip to Tuweep and the trip was guided by Virgil Homer. It was a good trip and what a view. Thanks to the good British company and our guide local, Virgil, for a wonderfull day.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We Booked an all day trip to White Pockets and South Coyote butte - I called and made arrangements for the trip they set it up and confirmed the location and time both verbally and by e-mail as to where we were supposed to meet- We are familiar with the location and arrived 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time - as we were the only Red pick up in the parking area it seemed to be a no brainer - however the arranged pick time passed and no one came we waited for another 30 minutes - Then their pick up suburban arrived came down the ramp (logo on the side of the car) we got out of our vehicle waved and they just sped on by not even slowing down in fact the driver accelerated right past us - we honked and got no response - thinking there might be another van coming we waited another 10 minutes - there is no cell service in the area so we drove down the road toward the range station and finally got their trip manager - she had no explanation as to why their driver did not stop - they did refund our money - but that was not as important as the fact they ruined our Birthday celebration trip in Page and will never be able to recoup that expierence and our disappointment was profound. All of their reviews were glowing and I got the information about their trip off of "Bogely" forum -but some times something really stupid and unforgivable happens .

dreamlandsafari, Manager at Dreamland Safari Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

I’m so sorry you had a bad experience with our company and that we let you down on your special day. I want you to know that we acted in good faith from start to finish and had every incentive to provide you with the tour as planned two days prior. We even sent our staff to the lottery and bought permits for South Coyote Buttes for the two of you at the last minute in order to enhance your experience and make it work on the only date you were available.

Our guide made an honest mistake. He missed the third pick-up at House Rock Valley Road because he had not updated his schedule to show the new passengers from your booking. As a result he was not looking for you and vehicles parked there are commonplace. I realize that this must have been very frustrating for you, but I can assure you no one left you behind on purpose. Had he known or seen you waving your arms in the rear-view, he certainly would have stopped if only to see if you were a tourist in need of help. And had there been cell phone reception we would have received your call and called our guide to turn around.

Given our mistake, and that there was no other way to solve this issue at the time, as all our trucks were out that day, our only recourse was to issue a refund and a sincere apology, all of which occurred less than an hour of your first call to inform us of our failure to pick you up. We take great pride in what we do and I feel confident that we handled it professionally all things considered. We regret getting our first negative review in nearly two years of operation under the current management, but alas we made a mistake and must accept the consequences. I hope you were able to salvage your day to some extent and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

A great day hosted by a great guide. We saw Wire Pass Canyon and South Coyote Buttes. Both were fantastic. Highly recommended locations and guide company.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Dreamland tours picked us up at the hotel and took us on a fine day to a slot canyon, the "white wave" to see dino tracks and ancient indian petroglyphs. We had a 13 and 15 year old with us along with a couple of sister-in-laws.

Could not have asked for more!!!

Alan and Antonella

Been to Dreamland Safari Tours? Share your experiences!