“We had a dream and Dreamland Safari Tours made it happen.”

Dreamland Safari Tours
Ranked #1 of 22 Outdoor Activities in Kanab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dreamland Safari Tours delivers unique Scenic Off-Road Adventure Tours with plenty of Photography stops and short hikes mixed in. From the well known sights to those "secret" places only the locals know about, our adventures highlight the best of this wild, vivid landscape. Already designed for everyday people, options are available to fit your time frame, interests, and abilities. Our seasoned naturalist tour guides are simply the best in the business. Loaded heavy duty Suburbans carry up to 25 passengers in air conditioned comfort. Whether you are interested in touring for 3 hours or 3 days, backyard or back country, we are your outdoor connection. Let us do all the work. After all it's YOUR vacation!
Phoenix, Arizona
“We had a dream and Dreamland Safari Tours made it happen.”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We had a dream to spend some time photographing a slot canyon. Will of Dreamland Safari Tours accomodated our time schedule and led us on a grand tour of The Mystical Slot Canyon and The White Wave. The ride was very comfortable; the scenery was magical; and Will was an enthusiastic and fun guide. He gave us advice on how to get the best photographs in the slot canyon and we got some great pictures. We are already planning our next trip with Dreamland Safari Tours. What fun we had with Will in the "heart of hiking heaven!"

Vancouver, BC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Made my trip!”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I took both the photographer's dream and mystical canyon tours. I travel to the Southwest each fall on a photo road trip, and Will was instrumental in helping me make this year's photo harvest one of the best yet. Considering the road conditions and the fact I was driving a rental, I never would have gotten into the back country areas Will managed to get into. Plus, it's always great to find a guide willing to work with you in scheduling tours to get the best light possible. Will's obvious love for the landscape is infectious and his knowledge of the area is broad and invaluable. I feel I've found in Dreamland a resource that I will be able to return to again and again in my hunt for that ever elusive "perfect shot".

Visited October 2011
dreamlandsafari, Manager at Dreamland Safari Tours, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
This was one case where we had single passengers that we were able to combine into two great days. Don't hesitate to call if you are traveling alone or volunteering at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. We will do everything we can to accommodate single passengers and special timing.

Will
Chicago
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great Guides”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We used this company to take a tour to Toroweep. I had read up on Toroweep and decided that while I had to go, I didn't want to drive any kind of a rental car down there given the road conditions. I was very glad we took Dreamland Safaris. They are great for photographers because they will work with you to align the tour for the best light. He will help you carry your camera gear if you want and he packs a very nice picnic lunch. He knows the area, you can tell he has great respect for the land and the park and it just felt good to put everything in his hands to have a great tour. This was definitely worth the money - use dreamland safaris!

Visited September 2011
St. George, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Personalized Tour of Southern Utah Slot Canyon”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Don't even think of missing this opportunity for a personalized escorted tour of a slot canyon. Will, the guide and manager, was knowledgable, friendly, and entertaining. If you are looking for a slot canyon experience, don't waste your money going to Page, AZ, and seeing Antelope Canyon. Do take the Mystical Slot Canyon and White Wave Tour with Will. I've done both, and this was sooooo very much better. I will tour with this company again.

1 Thank Rose K
Watertown, Wisconsin
“Great service, amazing views, and a leaning experience is wat you will get with Dreamland Tours”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Will James guided us to Toroweap, and we were the only ones there when we arrived! Even though we had a 4 wheel drive, we never would have taken ourselves over the last 8 miles of that road. Will got us to what we really wanted to see, explained the geology as well as the plants, and helped us make the most of our experience. Take the optional Rock Art tour on the way back-the art was nice and we saw some pronghorns to boot!

Visited September 2011