“Great Hotel.”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
San Diego, California
“Great Hotel.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a very nice hotel! Check in was very professional. Our room was much nicer than we expected (they are clean and big).Very friendly staff, they made me very comfortable and immediately treated me as if I was a friend. GREAT amenities! Refrigerator and micro in the room plus they have free Wi-Fi. It is actually in a great location if you are visiting any of the national parks. i will deff be returning.

traveled as a couple, stayed January 2013

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Monkeysee21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Finnish first
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Mid November: With two large buildings the Inn is big, but the two parking lots are almost empty. Only Saturday night there was a bus unloading a crowd of tourists. It was our third night, and the first noisy one. Otherwise we liked the spacious rooms accessible from the corridor, the new TV, the table with big chairs where I am writing the first version of this review. There is also a coffee machine, a microwave and a fridge; all very convenient for our stay of six days. The simple breakfast is adequate, as we are used to a cold continental one. And we are within walking distance to several restaurants.

Only a small number of employees seem to be active at the hotel right now. When we arrived several things did not work at first. Room keys had to be changed three times, the TV set did not receive an input signal, the cleaning lady was in no hurry to tidy up our room, and sometimes they were out of some ingredients for breakfast. With a more professional maintenance (shaky power outlets, toilette not flushing too well, easy to remove traces of mold above the bathtub, damaged furniture in breakfast room), this motel could easily make a much more polished impression.

Well, it is low season in Kanab, and this may be explanation enough for this Shilo Inn being different from the ones we know (Bend OR and Portland OR). We still recommend it as a reasonably priced and solid base for your exploration of Arizona and Utah.

Room Tip: We preferred a room on the south side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank proftourist
Shilo I, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kanab, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear proftourist,

Thank you for choosing Shilo Inn Kanab for your stay. I appreciate your
concerns and you can be assured that now that our peak season is here, we
will be focusing on the small things that need attention in our hotel. We
look forward to your return visit!!

Pasadena, Ca
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked this hotel on priceline for a very good rate since this is low peak season. Overheard another guest checking in who paid at least $20 more. I enjoyed this hotel a lot as it is big, clean and have all the amenities like coffeemaker, fridge, microwave, free wi-fi and a very comfortable bed. There is even a laundry room for guests. The machines are coin-operated type. The breakfast was awesome. The hardworking lady in charge of the room was friendly and prompt in cleaning up and topping up all the food. I really enjoyed the one day stay. You will want to bring some money to tip the breakfast lady.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PPG2
Shilo I, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kanab, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear PPG2,

Thank you so much for choosing Shilo Inn Kanab! I am glad you enjoyed
your stay and look forward to your return visit!!

Huntington Beach
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Compared to having to deal with 'ladies of the night' using the local competition hotel down the street the last time we were in Kanab, this hotel is 4 Stars. The check-in was slow probably because the young woman behind the counter seemed to be new. Everything else was great: big room, new furniture and fixtures, quiet, clean, and big breakfast. There are only two floors. The staircase is very manageable-even with our luggage. One of our better roadtrip hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank hikes4fun
Shilo I, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kanab, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear hikes4fun,

Thank you for giving Shilo Inn a try! So glad that you liked your accommodations. Please come see us again on your next trip through Kanab!

Herentals, Belgium
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I can not review the motel because there wasn't any room available when we arrived! Although we had one booked en confirmed since 19 February. This guy at the front desk simply told us that they have moved us to a fine room at another hotel for an exceptional rate because they had to accommodate a large group of people. I didn't agree but it was already finalized by his manager and this guy also assured me that there were no other lodging options available in town, it seems like we had to be grateful to have a room after all!? Since we had plans in town that evening we were left with no choice. They didn't even try to contact us in advance on that matter, it's way out of line to be treated like that but the shilo inn most certainly got the benefit of it. I surely hope they do because I will never ever again stay in another motel of them, that's a promise!
I'm not going to review the hotel they've put us in because it's that kind of hotel we would never like to stay in so it our comments wouldn't be detached. I just don't think that it's fair to be treated that way

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GERT B
Shilo I, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kanab, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear GERT B,

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience. My front desk clerk and I did try everything we could to find your phone number, with no avail, in an attempt to contact you before your arrival. It was my fault that we were overbooked. I anticipated cancellations, which did not happen to the extent that I had anticipated. I hope that you would except my apologies and please do not hold it against all of the other Shilo's!

My sincerest apologies,

Marie Stewart

Travelers are raving about these Kanab hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very friendly front desk staff they couldn't have been more helpful on advising us on places to visit locally and reasonably equipped rooms with a decent breakfast and for a reasonable price we were pleasantly surprised with the Shilo Inn. Though I preferred the Best Western as a place to stay in Kanab.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jak o
Shilo I, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kanab, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear jak o,

We are so happy that you decided to try the Shilo Inn, where we thrive for
Cleanliness and Frienliness! Please come back soon!!

Anaheim
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The hotel was a little older but the front desk staff were awesome! Very friendly! Gave us recommendations for dinner. Very helpful. We ended eating at the Nedra's Mexican Restaurant there in town. Food was great. Beds were comfy. Nice and quiet. Big parking lot so no trouble there. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family