“Big, clean and with all necessary amenities”

Days Inn & Suites Kanab
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked this hotel on priceline for a very good rate since this is low peak season. Overheard another guest checking in who paid at least $20 more. I enjoyed this hotel a lot as it is big, clean and have all the amenities like coffeemaker, fridge, microwave, free wi-fi and a very comfortable bed. There is even a laundry room for guests. The machines are coin-operated type. The breakfast was awesome. The hardworking lady in charge of the room was friendly and prompt in cleaning up and topping up all the food. I really enjoyed the one day stay. You will want to bring some money to tip the breakfast lady.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PPG2
Shilo I, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kanab, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear PPG2,

Thank you so much for choosing Shilo Inn Kanab! I am glad you enjoyed
your stay and look forward to your return visit!!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Compared to having to deal with 'ladies of the night' using the local competition hotel down the street the last time we were in Kanab, this hotel is 4 Stars. The check-in was slow probably because the young woman behind the counter seemed to be new. Everything else was great: big room, new furniture and fixtures, quiet, clean, and big breakfast. There are only two floors. The staircase is very manageable-even with our luggage. One of our better roadtrip hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank hikes4fun
Shilo I, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kanab, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear hikes4fun,

Thank you for giving Shilo Inn a try! So glad that you liked your accommodations. Please come see us again on your next trip through Kanab!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I can not review the motel because there wasn't any room available when we arrived! Although we had one booked en confirmed since 19 February. This guy at the front desk simply told us that they have moved us to a fine room at another hotel for an exceptional rate because they had to accommodate a large group of people. I didn't agree but it was already finalized by his manager and this guy also assured me that there were no other lodging options available in town, it seems like we had to be grateful to have a room after all!? Since we had plans in town that evening we were left with no choice. They didn't even try to contact us in advance on that matter, it's way out of line to be treated like that but the shilo inn most certainly got the benefit of it. I surely hope they do because I will never ever again stay in another motel of them, that's a promise!
I'm not going to review the hotel they've put us in because it's that kind of hotel we would never like to stay in so it our comments wouldn't be detached. I just don't think that it's fair to be treated that way

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GERT B
Shilo I, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kanab, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear GERT B,

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience. My front desk clerk and I did try everything we could to find your phone number, with no avail, in an attempt to contact you before your arrival. It was my fault that we were overbooked. I anticipated cancellations, which did not happen to the extent that I had anticipated. I hope that you would except my apologies and please do not hold it against all of the other Shilo's!

My sincerest apologies,

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Very friendly front desk staff they couldn't have been more helpful on advising us on places to visit locally and reasonably equipped rooms with a decent breakfast and for a reasonable price we were pleasantly surprised with the Shilo Inn. Though I preferred the Best Western as a place to stay in Kanab.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jak o
Shilo I, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Kanab, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear jak o,

We are so happy that you decided to try the Shilo Inn, where we thrive for
Cleanliness and Frienliness! Please come back soon!!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The hotel was a little older but the front desk staff were awesome! Very friendly! Gave us recommendations for dinner. Very helpful. We ended eating at the Nedra's Mexican Restaurant there in town. Food was great. Beds were comfy. Nice and quiet. Big parking lot so no trouble there. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great place to stop for an overnight stop on the way to Lake Powell or other Natioal Parks. Room for boat and truck to part. nice Continental breakfast, with waffles and fresh fruit. Eat at Houston's for dinner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Kathy M,

Thank you for staying at the Shilo Inn. We do agree that it can be a bit
overwhelming at times in our breakfast room as the majority of our
clientele are on tour buses. Thank you for the tip about the tables!!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were greeted by a very pleasant young man at the front desk who gave us some pointers on restaurants in town. Most reasonably priced motel on our 10 day trip through Arizona and south Utah. Clean rooms and so-so hallways. I like a clean carpet! Had to walk to another building for breakfast the next morning. The food seemed sparse at first but then we realized it was placed at stations all around the room. There were many choices but the one woman trying to take care of everything seemed a bit overwhelmed. No one was bussing tables and many guests were not polite in clearing away their trash after eating. As a result the tables were quite nasty by the time we got there. I would suggest they get rid of the black table cloths and just use bare tables. They are easier to clean as it seems to be the guests job to clear off a space to eat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple