“Difficult to judge” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Kanab
MANNHEIM
“Difficult to judge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

At first sight I wanted to go someplace else, but I had prepaid the room for five nights, so I decided to give it a shot. Very friendly Asian people checked me in, and when I saw the room, I found it on the smaller side, but very clean and with everything I needed for comfort. Internet was working much better and faster than in many expensive places, okay, breakfast was nothing to crow about, but at that price that I paid, I could not expect more than basics. So I stayed my five nights and felt warm and cozy. I would go again to that place, especially since the couple that owns it is remodeling room by room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Arlee, Montana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed for a night in January 2013. The room for two was overpriced and uncomfortable. The extra $10 for our dog brought the price with tax up to $64.52. The room heater was loud. The room cooled off quickly when the heater was not run. Blanket was very thin. The walls transmitted sounds form the adjacent room too easily. Small room for the price. It did have a fridge which was a plus. Would avoid this motel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Kanab hotels

Sarasota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

CALCUTTA STYLE - MOTEL!!!
Very dirty, trash all over the place, the bed sheets havn´t been changed from the guests before, messy dirty breakfast, overflowing stinking trash bins in front of the lobby entrance, noisy washingmachines, open stinking trash containers right at the entrance to the main motel building, dirty corridor, dirty bathroom, most of the room furniture is broken, leaking dropping fauwcets, you can not close and lock the window of the motel room, DON`T STAY HERE.
This place really can harm your health, very very messy and dirty all over. It is better to sleep in the car!!! This place need to be checked up by the local health depertment the business needs to be closed, till everything got renovated. We booked online, did see the `nice`pictures in the internet, maybe taken 10 years ago??? I don´t know, how a place like this can be booked at expedia or hotels.com???? It needs to be removed there. When I checked in, the guy, sitting behind the counter was scratching his b...s inside his pants. Then he gave me the key. UGLY place, but there were no rooms in any other motel around. It is noisy at the main street.
DON`T STAY HERE !!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank Route66Arizona
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were small and I do mean small... I didn't measure, but less than 100 sq ft. The cheapest room was $35 for 2 double beds, we opted for the Queen for $10 more and he gave us a king for the same price.

There was a little mold on the caulk in the shower and the room was out dated, but for what we were looking for, it fit the bill exactly. We wanted cheap and we wanted convenient. The breakfast looked a little lacking, but most are, so we went to McDonalds. But there was free wifi, so it worked for us.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We reserved a room with two queen beds, and the room was not very large but very correct. It is not a luxury experience but it is VERY correct. Clean. Breakfast is not a charming experience, but you can do your own waffles ! Service is very friendly. I liked it. We did not reserve in advance and were very happy to end up here for such a low price...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Walsall, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

After a 530 mile drive this was literally the first place we came to that had vacancy signs up (probably a good reason for that!) And had I had internet access there would have been no way we would have stayed there. However we were all exhausted but I wished I had trusted my gut instincts, the reception smelt of a mixture of curry and incense, it was also not very clean.

But I went ahead and booked the room and as soon as we walked in I knew we had made a mistake. There were marks on the ceiling and after a fun game of guess the stain we settled on blood splatter marks. Also judging by the patch marks in the plaster board walls it was obvious how the blood got there! The TV in the room belonged in a museum and the Wifi was terrible, kept dropping out every 5 minutes.

In the interests of giving a balanced view though I would say that the bedding appeared clean and the bathroom was also of an acceptable standard. Overall though a depressing, grotty hole that we were glad to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank James A
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We arrived at Kanab after dark and all the nice hotels like the Victorian Inn were fully booked. We ended up at the Royal Inn. A curry taste greeted us at reception and the room was tiny and old. WiFi did not work well and the sheets smelled as if they had not been changed from the previous guest. It was just disgusting. The breakfast was practically non-existent, butter coming out of a bottle, etc. Now, this was definitely the worst hotel experience during our otherwise awesome trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple