“Great experience!”

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
“Great experience!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I traveled alone to Red Mountain and stayed a week and I can't recommend it enough. I loved the morning hikes. I am pretty active and I thought the Challenger hikes were perfect. They were somewhat challenging but we took periodic breaks for water and pictures. My understanding is that the more challenging endurance were similar but faster and without the breaks. I also did several classes. I did the 11AM and 4:30PM stretching classes every day. What a great way to recover after a hike or wind down before dinner. I also recommend the Native American Art Walk. I never would have considered it but decided to do it after reading reviews and I am so glad that I did. The close proximity to Snow Canyon state park is really great. I took one afternoon and just walked from the resort into the park (passes are $3 and you can get them at the resort and charge to your room).

I thought the food was great. The breakfast and lunch buffets had so many choices and I really enjoyed the dinners. I dined both on my own and at the community table on different nights. One thing to note is that the community table is definitely a longer dinner - over an hour and half. But it was great to meet other people staying at the resort.

I stayed in the Rabbit building, which I think was an upgrade from the Dragonfly solo room that I reserved. My room was a typical king hotel room. The walls were a little thin and I could hear when any of my neighbors ran water. This would have been better if I had been on the second floor. But the room was clean and comfortable.

Overall I highly recommend Red Mountain. The location is beautiful and I couldn't ask for more with regard to activities, service and food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor to cut down on the noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank LizMarshall97
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear LizMarshall 97,

Thanks for taking the time to write about your Red Mountain experience. Thanks for your comments on the Challenge hike. I am glad that you went on the Native American Rock Art Walk with Boma. He is such a fountain of knowledge. I hope that we will see you again.

Warm regards, Tracey Welsh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I traveled alone to Red Mountain for a spa week and I wasn't disappointed. I stayed in the villas and my room was roomy and comfortable- with a fireplace and a patio. The hiking was unbelievable and the food was fantastic. Compared to other spas/adventure resorts - the price cannot be beat. Great for men and women. The classes and options for activities were fantastic. I borrowed a bike and spent a day on my own. I had several spa treatments and they were truly top notch. I plan to make this a yearly trip.

Room Tip: If you plan to spend time in your room, spend a little more and get a room in the villas on the seco...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jessica2830
Dear Jessica,

Thank you for writing about your Red Mountain experience, and mentioning our value. I do hope that you will make it an annual trip. On your next visit, you'll be an Adventure Club member, which has added benefits to show you our appreciation for your loyalty.

Warm regards, Tracey Welsh
Smiths Station, Alabama, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

This was my second trip here, first for my husband. This resort is focused on wellness, enjoying the outdoors and the breath taking scenery of southern Utah. Meals were included in our package - again with a focus on health and nutrition but the quality of the cuisine is five star. The staff - from the housekeeping staff, wait staff, fitness instructors, front desk - all were friendly, very good at their jobs and perhaps most important - they seemed happy with their jobs - probably a positive indicator of good management. A great value for great quality. If you can, see for yourself. Oh! Forgot to mention the Spa! Very good staff, good service. Quite reasonable compared to others of the same quality. This place is a gem.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you so very much for writing about your Red Mountain experience. We do appreciate your compliments and look forward to your next visit. Best of health to you - Tracey Welsh
Turlock, California
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I traveled here for the Parade of homes and decided to try this hotel. The restaurant has really good healthy food and we were never disappointed. The room however was another story. We booked a one bedroom villa a la carte, meaning no meals or activities were included. While the room was generously sized we didn't have a single nights good sleep. The bed is made up with a flat sheet on the bottom so it pulls out every night and the mattress pad elastic was so stretched that the whole thing pulled up from the mattress and when we woke up we were on bare mattresses. I don't move around much while I sleep. The flat sheets they use are too small and don't tuck under the mattress on the side. Very disappointing. The bath was missing wash clothes the first night. It also looked like there was liquid cleanser on the walls of the shower. There is only one bath mat in the bathroom and the slate tile floors are freezing! The coffee cups weren't washed, one of them had my lipstick from he previous day on it still.

We did have a couples massage while there and it was one of the best I've had in a long time.

I won't return to this place for overnight accommodations, but their restaurants and spa get a big thumbs up!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bajabrattina
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Bajabrattina,

I am sorry to read your review. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss further at twelsh@redmtn.com.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed there for a week on the Essential Package. Every morning I joined the morning hike which were a load of fun. Snow Canyon hiking on the petrified sand dunes was my favorite. Usually after the hike I went to a stretching class (yoga etc) If you see full body M.E.L.T on the schedule, you have to try it. It was a real eye opener for me. One evening I did the Astronomy Walk and I loved it. If you are interested, make sure you are there on a week when there is no full moon. Also made an afternoon trip to Kayenta, a nearby artist colony.
I made a lot of phone calls before I went to check on random things: Do you have a gluten free menu (yes), Do you provide a water bottle (yes) Do you have laundry facilities (yes). Everyone was genuinely friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank dohertys53
Dear Dohertys53,

Thank you so very much for writing about your Red Mountain experience. Indeed we hope that you will return. I am happy that you got to experience our Astronomy activity. The stars are as amazing as the red mountains. Tracey Welsh
Youngsville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I tried to make a reservation over the phone multiple times. I even left voicemails with detailed contact information twice because I could never get through to an actual person. I would have booked online but wanted to add spa packages and according to their website they wanted you to book those with your room booking (not online) and so I called the number on the spa page as well as the reservation page. Every time...after being on hold for some time...I was sent to voicemail. It has been a week since my first message was left and no response. I was anxious to book my extended 10 day personal retreat so I ended up booking somewhere else. Disappointing :(

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank ojalagirl
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Ojalagirl,

I am very disappointed as well to read your comments, and I apologize for what you have experienced. If you would have time I would like to visit with you to learn more about your pre-arrival and first impression experiences of our resort. We would have loved to have you visit and actually experience Red Mountain, and it would help our business greatly if you could provide me with additional information. Please call me at 435-652-5740 or send me an email at twelsh@redmtn.com.

Tracey Welsh
Michigan
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our visit to Red Mountain Resort where I conducted several workshops. To be honest, I was nervous. And my husband was even more-so. Neither of us are in the best shape and my husband is a super picky eater and was sure he was going to starve to death. Our five days at the Red Mountain Resort was magical, and life changing. No - really.

We checked in to the Resort and were immediately met by friendly employees who explained the classes, the food, the spa and handed us our key to our room. We were so awed by the views of the mountains and were pleasantly surprised by our room. Overlooking the mountains and the lava rock, our room was gorgeous with a comfortable bed, a comfortable chair and although the pool was closed for the season, the hot tub was just steps from our patio door - however, the bathroom tub with jets was so relaxing!

A pretty place is one thing for my husband, but the food - with several choices each night for dinner, there was only one night that my husband wasn't thrilled with the menu and the Chef asked him what he wanted and told him that he wanted him happy. And he was. Very. Breakfasts were filling, with many choices, and lunch was the same. A constant flow of iced tea, lemonade and sometimes hot chocolate, we filled up our water bottles and after two days stopped all cravings for pop/soda. The spa, a beautiful structure, with a wonderful and kind hearted staff, helped us relax and even helped my husband when he got sick with the flu (reflexology pretty much knocked it out of him!).

Inspiration Trail was, well inspirational, and Snow Canyon was breathtaking. We walked everywhere, hiked some of the trails, were able to bike a little bit and with each day felt as if we were understanding the changes we needed to make when we went back to the real world.

The staff was amazing, friendly and knowledgeable and we enjoyed getting to know and lunch with other visitors to the resort.

If you have any hesitation at coming here, don't. If my husband can be converted - anyone can.

We are now eating healthier, exercising daily and thank Red Mountain Resort for the jump start.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tangledwishes
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Tangledwishes,

Thank you so very much for your review of Red Mountain. You have captured exactly what we aspire to do, inspire people to enjoy a healthier life, no matter where they are in the wellness spectrum. I look forward to your return and wish you the very best in your healthful endeavors.

Tracey Welsh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Hampton Inn St. George
Hampton Inn St. George
#7 of 41 in St. George
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!