“No Customer Service”

Red Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivins
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I tried to make a reservation over the phone multiple times. I even left voicemails with detailed contact information twice because I could never get through to an actual person. I would have booked online but wanted to add spa packages and according to their website they wanted you to book those with your room booking (not online) and so I called the number on the spa page as well as the reservation page. Every time...after being on hold for some time...I was sent to voicemail. It has been a week since my first message was left and no response. I was anxious to book my extended 10 day personal retreat so I ended up booking somewhere else. Disappointing :(

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank ojalagirl
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Ojalagirl,

I am very disappointed as well to read your comments, and I apologize for what you have experienced. If you would have time I would like to visit with you to learn more about your pre-arrival and first impression experiences of our resort. We would have loved to have you visit and actually experience Red Mountain, and it would help our business greatly if you could provide me with additional information. Please call me at 435-652-5740 or send me an email at twelsh@redmtn.com.

Tracey Welsh

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our visit to Red Mountain Resort where I conducted several workshops. To be honest, I was nervous. And my husband was even more-so. Neither of us are in the best shape and my husband is a super picky eater and was sure he was going to starve to death. Our five days at the Red Mountain Resort was magical, and life changing. No - really.

We checked in to the Resort and were immediately met by friendly employees who explained the classes, the food, the spa and handed us our key to our room. We were so awed by the views of the mountains and were pleasantly surprised by our room. Overlooking the mountains and the lava rock, our room was gorgeous with a comfortable bed, a comfortable chair and although the pool was closed for the season, the hot tub was just steps from our patio door - however, the bathroom tub with jets was so relaxing!

A pretty place is one thing for my husband, but the food - with several choices each night for dinner, there was only one night that my husband wasn't thrilled with the menu and the Chef asked him what he wanted and told him that he wanted him happy. And he was. Very. Breakfasts were filling, with many choices, and lunch was the same. A constant flow of iced tea, lemonade and sometimes hot chocolate, we filled up our water bottles and after two days stopped all cravings for pop/soda. The spa, a beautiful structure, with a wonderful and kind hearted staff, helped us relax and even helped my husband when he got sick with the flu (reflexology pretty much knocked it out of him!).

Inspiration Trail was, well inspirational, and Snow Canyon was breathtaking. We walked everywhere, hiked some of the trails, were able to bike a little bit and with each day felt as if we were understanding the changes we needed to make when we went back to the real world.

The staff was amazing, friendly and knowledgeable and we enjoyed getting to know and lunch with other visitors to the resort.

If you have any hesitation at coming here, don't. If my husband can be converted - anyone can.

We are now eating healthier, exercising daily and thank Red Mountain Resort for the jump start.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tangledwishes
TWelshGeneralMgr, General Manager at Red Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Tangledwishes,

Thank you so very much for your review of Red Mountain. You have captured exactly what we aspire to do, inspire people to enjoy a healthier life, no matter where they are in the wellness spectrum. I look forward to your return and wish you the very best in your healthful endeavors.

Tracey Welsh

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was one of the nicest Christmas gifts my wife ever gave to us! I was not the least bit interested in going to a spa resort for a vacation. My wife threw in a couple of days in Las Vegas, I agreed to go, and I was not disappointed, in fact the 4 days we stayed at Red Mountain were some of the most satisfying we have had in the 28 years of our travels.
I kept saying as the days flew by that I did not meet one single person that I did not like, including the guests. Everyone seemed to be repeat customers and made us feel like family. The programs suited us very well, they are optional, plentiful, and most helpful. The massages were great! The biking was fun! The views of the surroundings were just like the staff members, Outstanding!
We definitely want to go back, our only fear? How are they going to duplicate such a great time?
We did luck out on the weather, as we went the 3rd week of January and the temperatures were above normal and pure delight. The resort was not full, which turned out to be another added bonus because we had no problem scheduling our hikes, cooking classes, wellness sessions, massages, and dinner times.
The rooms were super clean and well serviced, again the staff was so very kind and gracious.
Speaking of dinner, absolutely succulent food, service, and presentation at every meal!

I could sell this vacation to a total stranger with no reservations.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil L
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We tacked on 5 days of our trip out to Zion and Bryce National Parks to stay in Ivins/St. George at the Red Mountain Resort. We wished we could have stayed a few more days! Tending to be snobby Northeasterners when it comes to food, we were really surprised by how good the food was - we were told by repeat visitors that a former chef that went to Miraval had come BACK to the resort recently. We (my sister and I) had a standard room that felt like a small, modern, lofty New York apartment. WE loved it. It was cozy but space-optimized, well-appointed and the beds were wonderful. The service at the resort was top notch also! It's not at all a haughty spa resort experience. People were casual in clothing at dinner (from yoga wear to hiking apparel). The resort prides itself on offering a variety of hiking opportunities in the stunning Snow Canyon State Park (if you can believe it is a state park!) that abuts the resort property. Not being morning people, it was so worthwhile getting up early for the small group hikes with service-oriented, friendly guides who were awesome!

Our only complaint -- which we expressed to them while we were there -- was that the shuttle from the St. George airport is prioritized around those arriving by air and we, as drivers dropping off our rental car (the only place we could find to pick up and drop off a car), had to accommodate our schedule around those flying in...or pay a small fee to get picked up, which we felt was wrong. In our shuttle to the resort there were only 2 people (and we were 2 people) but we had to time our drop off to these folks, instead of there being some kind of middle ground. A minor point but room for improvement.

Otherwise, we can't wait to come back -- and next time we'd like to get a slightly larger room with a mountain view. We were in the Turtle Building, which we loved, because it is close to the main pool and spa (Note: the pool in the advertisement is NOT the main pool and is reserved for those in the more expensive casitas) and looks out onto Snow Canyon area. We would stay there again too ...

Room Tip: For those looking for mid-level option, ask for an upstairs Mountain View Deluxe room if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank JerseyWhirl
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Love the location, the grounds, the healthy food and all the activities available. However, my room was small, with no view or sitting area. For these prices I would expect more than a desk chair. Also, coffee was not refreshed on a constant basis and electronic key had to be reprogrammed twice. Still, great hiking, swimming, gym, and wellness center.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank William O
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Just got back after 5-6 days there. No real negatives at all. Room was great. We had one with a fireplace and balcony. Huge bathroom. The food was great. My only suggestion would be to show the calorie count of the buffet at breakfast and lunch. Maybe have a bowl next to each dish showing a standard serving and how many calories. I was not sure how much some of them were so tended to put less on my place.

The staff were excellent. Very friendly. The hikes were great. Classes great. And the people staying ranged from single females, couples, families, single men, etc. Very varied.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank louisele60304
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Everything was fabulous. All of the employees love working here and it shows. The classes were great for all levels, the food was fantastic and the setting beautiful. I can't say enough good tho HS about our stay, they even packed us a picnic to take on the plane.

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ivins
Inn on the Cliff
Hampton Inn St. George
#7 of 42 in St. George
Red Lion Hotel & Conference Center St. George
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George

Been to Red Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!